Inova X0 and Rechargable 123a cells.

Weylan

Enlightened
I had to replace a Inova x0 this week. I was very happy with it, but used up a set of batteries and thought since I have the Lithium charger already I might as well use the R123a cells before I waste too much money on 123a cells.

Just so you all know, the Inova X0 does not like the higher voltage of the R123a cells. It FLASHED and died. I had to replace it. I would stick to regular 123a cells in it.

I hope this helps someone else before they try using the rechargable cells in their Inova x0 and making a paperweight.

wei

Newly Enlightened
I use Rechargable 123a cells in my XO, the highest V was 4.08 each, and it works fine, same bright as 2 CR123A, I didn't try 2*4.2V.
some of my friends' XO also be killed with 2 rechargable 123A cells, so becarefull with it.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear that your light died on you. I like inovas alot. My girlfriend says they're ugly, but she thinks I'm cute, so her values are ALL ASKEW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I like inovas so much, that I'd buy your dead one for $20 shipped. Are you interested?

michl

Newly Enlightened
Hi there
good to read this before destroying my own lamp.
I was thinking about using some higher voltage rechargables on my inova X0, too.
Is there really no good alternative for the (here in germany) expensive CR123A Cells. I wanna use the lamp in caves and don´t wanna buy a new pair for each trip.
thx in advance

Mike