Tektite - SeaRay

Kilted

Enlightened
First off HI!!

I'm new to this forum. After I purchased a Inova XO3 on whim I then started to do a web search on what I bought. With that I discovered this site. What a wonderful resource!!

Now my question: With all the comments about the "off color" white luxeons I am surprised that no one has posted any thing about Tektite SeaRay series led lights. Available in 2, 4 and 12 watts, here is an excerpt:

"... 12-Watt LED Dive Light
Computer machined from a solid bar of Aluminum, the SeaRay-12 is powered by three Luxeon III Star LEDs each operating at 4 Watts. This 12-Watt LED dive light produces 240+ Lumens of brilliant white light that is equivalent to more than 120 regular LEDs. A special tri-lens optic produces a smooth 12° spot beam that slices through murky water while also providing divers with excellent peripheral visibility. The 5,500 K color temperature of the SeaRay-12 is solar-quality, allowing for accurate color rendition regardless of depth, and for use in underwater photography and videography. The compact design of this super-bright light puts it in a class of its own. Comes with an adjustable cushioned wrist lanyard..."

Notice the comments about 5,500k color temp, photography, videography, color rendition ...

Seems to me to be the answer to some of those remarks about "off color".

Has any one here purchased one of thse lights? Anyone know the availability?

-- Kilted

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's it cost, do you know? Maybe a Barbolight would be of interest to you. I'm getting mine very soon, and there will (of course) be reviews to follow. I've never heard of the SeaRay though. .

Edit - I've just looked them up. Some of the numbers seem a touch inflated too, if not slightly out of ratio. They don't say anything about runtime that I can see, either. Looking at the search results, I wonder if it's not something they've come up and haven't released yet. Personally, looking at the picture and everything, I'd rather have a Barbolight. They're made by one of our Flashaholic members, Barbarin, and I've not heard a bad comment about them yet. Like I said, though, I'll let you know when mine comes in the next few days. .