Pick a number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are all the threads locked? Because it got slow for a bit at midnight? That is freeking rediculous! A member reached out and brought massive attention to the forum in a normaly slow time and made several people delighted and a few a bit richer. My only regret is that I couldn't get a number in.
If you have a store and a promotion creates more than planned activity it is certainly not considered a blunder, it is a simple lesson to plan it a bit better the next time. The people who pay to advertise here should be absolutly delighted that the traffic was so huge in an otherwise semi-quiet moment.. Perhaps Sasha should be notified prior to this thing haapening again so she too can pick a number.. I am thinking it's the lack of participation that is eating at her.. (now she can type something here in capitals and lock this thread..)
I spent a great night at a great party thinking the whole time about CPF and you guys, if this is a bad thing I am having a hard time understanding. If the amount of traffic was so large at midnight that the worst thing that happened is freezing the site I really don't see the problem, since 95% of the people were here for the same reason.
It is very unfoirtunate that this practice has been condemmed by the site warden, it is the caring, insite, forsite, generousity of the members that keep my coming here daily (many many times), I totally disagree with banning the great attributes of members for the sole purpose of having a moment where the "warden" is out of control.. Perhaps instead of banning the practice a bit of planning could assist in one of the sites greatest accomplishments.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is probably going to get locked any second now.

I don't blame her. I blame the sour grapes who went and made a whole big deal out of it and complained to her and made her life difficult. CPF being slow today? I deal with it - I attended to other things such as answering some important emails while waiting for the pages to load. Not make a big deal out of it. I don't know who did what or who said what (and I do not read the underground) but basically it can't have been kind judging by the fact that someone is Very Unhappy over the whole issue.

I extended an offer to Britt and I'm now opening it up to others - if they need infrastructure support for temporary hosting of a project like this, drop me a PM or an email. Requests will be considered on a case by case basis. Not trying to take away from CPF in any way, just trying to make things easier for our overworked administrators.

O_DubhGhaill

Newly Enlightened
Right on KevinL. I too deal with the slowness of this site at certain time of the day, sometimes frustrating, but always worth the wait. I logged on to the site last evening at a time I ordinarily might not have, got a number in, read a few posts, linked from a few advertiser's sites, and bought something as a result. I was quite surprised to read the backlash and see the threads locked. Outstanding effort Britt! Good for you KevinL for offering your help to member's future endeavours like Britt's. I would think member participation and initiative like this would be something a site administrator would only hope for. Carry-on!

O'DubhGhaill sends.

Status
Not open for further replies.