How do I take a collimator optic off its holder?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Fraen (collimating?) optics. They have a hole in the middle and are about the size of SO27XA's. The ones I have are on these white holders. Is there a way to remove it from the holder without really harming the optic? Also, the colliminator is exactly the same size as an SO27XA reflector right? I held them up side by side and they seemed the same size but it was hard to tell because of the holder. Also, I dont have any power tools available so I need a simple way to take it off. I have a Victorinox swisstool, which should cover most basic needs.

Here is a picture.

picture79ie.jpg

The blue circles indicate where the little nubs are that keep the optic in place.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How do I take a colliminator optic off its hol

Umm does that mean there is no way?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast

umm you pop them out??
if its the ones i am thinking of, and the round optics part in the "holder" it is just held by plastic pressure snapins on the 2 sides.
just wedge your fingernail on the side you see the nodule thing :) and lift
look around the top, dont you see 2 plastic clip like things molded in the plastic holding the round thing in?

greenLED

Flashaholic

nail clippers or pointy cable cutters? I've never seen one of these, but I'm assuming you can carefully chip off the securing tabs (if any??) with the nail clippers or the cutters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think VidPro understands what I am talking about.

Edit: I will post some pictures then.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Am I the only one seeing "[censored]" everywhere in the first post here?

This and so far one other thread has done it in all the time that I remember, and both are in the last 1/2 hour or so!

What's going on?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[censored]Re[censored]: [censored]How[censored] [censored]do[censored] [censored]I[censored] [censored]take[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]colliminator[censored] [censored]optic[censored] [censored]off[censored] [censored]its[censored] [ce

[censored]I[censored] [censored]tried[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]fix[censored] [censored]that[censored] [censored]first[censored] [censored]post[censored] - [censored]THREE[censored] [censored]TIMES[censored] - [censored]and[censored] [censored]was[censored] [censored]not[censored] [censored]successful[censored]. <[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="/[censored]ubbthreads[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]graemlins[censored]/[censored]frown[censored].[censored]gif[censored]" [censored]alt[censored]="" /> <[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="/[censored]ubbthreads[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]graemlins[censored]/[censored]jpshakehead[censored].[censored]gif[censored]" [censored]alt[censored]="" /> <[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="/[censored]ubbthreads[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]graemlins[censored]/[censored]frown[censored].[censored]gif[censored]" [censored]alt[censored]="" />

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i got the cenesered thing to all it does is say cenesered over and over . it will be cool if my answer was corect though

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Something's rotten in {insert country of choise here}.
I edited my own posting to change "TWICE" to "THREE TIMES", and it turned all of the spaces into "[censored]. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont know what is going on. Can someone please explain?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I think the UBB software that CPF runs on is somehow screwed up. Anybody that attempts to edit a post, whether it be the post's originator or a moderator, somehow causes all of the spaces to be converted into "[censored]".

Here is the content of your original post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a few Fraen (colliminating?) optics. They have a hole in the middle and are about the size of SO27XA's. The ones I have are on these white holders. Is there a way to remove it from the holder without really harming the optic? Also, the colliminator is exactly the same size as an SO27XA reflector right? I held them up side by side and they seemed the same size but it was hard to tell because of the holder. Also, I dont have any power tools available so I need a simple way to take it off. I have a Victorinox swisstool, which should cover most basic needs.

Here is a picture.

picture79ie.jpg

The blue circles indicate where the little nubs are that keep the optic in place.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Ok... this is kinda funny... now that my panic attack is over and the massive quantity of adrenalin that was dumped into my system has been reabsorbed... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I edited the "bad word" file and removed the one and only word in it... vBulletin. Well... I had forgotten that if there are no words in that file, I have to actually go to the config file and turn off the censor feature. So what happened is every time someone did an edit, every blank space in the post was replaced with [censored]. I realized this pretty quickly... so I went and turned off the censored feature.

Well... when I came back to the main forums, I got all mySQL errors... just like you guys. I thought I REALLY FUBAR'd the place! Then I remembered that I had just gotten an email from the tech guy and he said he was going to do some poking around tonight to try and see what is going to be needed. I called him... and sure enough, he had taken the board down at the exact same time that I edited the config file. Talk about bad timing!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

So anyway... all is well now. The tech guy and I discussed how this whole thing is going to be done... the problems that we may encounter... some of the stuff we might lose... some of the risks involved. I'm still nervous as hell about this but it has to be done and we'll do it... one way or another... and preserve as much as possible. In the end, it will be worth whatever we go through... because at least we won't have to deal with the slow forums anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full thread is here.

-Mike