Lil $4 1xAAA keychain light

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

FL110C Keychain Flashlight

The search and quest for the holy 1xAAA keychain light is never ending story. I got this light from ebay. A few pictures speak for the rest of the post.

fl110c_3.jpg

Arc-AAA Stock vs Arc-AAA 26KCd vs FL110C

fl110c_1.jpg

fl110c_2.jpg

-vince

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light dimension is 14.33mm x 74.93mm or 0.564" x 2.950". The finish is good and thread runs smoothly. The switch is spring loaded uses twist on action. There's an o-ring at the end, should make it waterproof.

I managed to remove the circuit assembly without any damage without removing the bezel. The bezel seems to be press fitted like Inovas. I will try belyo's ice poppin method soon.

The circuit is very simple. 1 diode, 1 capacitor, 1 transistor, 1 inductor with two seperate windings. Current consumption of this light is 190mA @ 1.3volts, which translates to long runtime. I have not measure the LED current yet, will do it soon. Not exceeding bright. The output ranks a bit below a stock Arc-AAA. However it is still brighter than the early version of CMG Infinity. It wouldn't be hard to swap the LED to a 26KCd. I will post a picture of the circuit assembly next.

The $4 rate is ebay bid .I can get more of these but they are $5.6 a pop at 10 units. I am really tied up with my job at the moment so it's hard for me to organize a groupbuy. I will try to contact the ebay person to see if he's willing to ship to other countries. So it looks like ordering from the website is a good way. I am not working for them, I got the link from google.

-vince.

MY

Enlightened
I was just on the website and found out that you can order any amount as samples, albeit a little higher price. The good part about it is that shipping cost is included. I just ordered three at $5 a piece including shipping. They have a list of other items that might be of interest which can be ordered as samples with included shipping.

Regards

notrefined

Enlightened
any opinions on build quality? how rough are the threads, does it actually seem to be reasonably watertight?

notrefined

Enlightened
Damn, I must be blind...thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any thought on whether they should be able to handle one of the Lithium AAA's at 1.7-1.8V?

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know I don't have a Lithium AAA.

I tested it with 2xAAA it wouldn't boost. At 1.85V it runs for a while then stop boosting. The transistor got warm. It will run stable at 1.80V max.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5180477360

Ok I have told the ebay seller to list the item available for the US and other parts of the world. For some reason he doesn't trust me and he listed the item in bid mode rather than buy now. I'll try to convince him so he'll do the buynow.

I removed the original LED and pop in a 26KCd LED plus polished reflector. The circuit drives the LED at around ~25mAh. Overall it's doing on par with an Infinity ultra with a better throwing beam to my eyes.

vince.

mike101

Newly Enlightened
Is there enough room for two N cells? And the circuit and LED of course.

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
From the description, it seems like the light uses a simple Satcure circuit (a.k.a. Joul Thief), which at the best gives off ~50% efficiency. It is no surprise that it takes 190mA and is still dimmer than a stock Arc AAA. However, for the $4 price, you are essentially just paying for the metal work. It is not a bad deal in this sense.

Latest posts