Some flashlights on clearance at Target

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I stopped by Target and they have several lights on clearance. I saw a 6-8 LED square light for about $6, prodigy II 2AAA flashlight for $2.50, Prodigy II lantern (krypton) for about $6.50. and a few other items including eveready 2/1 LED headlamps for $6.50 (2 white/1 Red 3AAA). They had several odd spotlights some that were rechargeable.

There was no dorcy or maglights on sale though.

DimBeam

Enlightened
I am sorry but Target is off all my lists. I now take what money I would have spent at Target and give it to the Salvation Army who Target has banished at Christmas time.
If they change their mind for Christmas 2005 then so will I.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DimBeam said:
I am sorry but Target is off all my lists. I now take what money I would have spent at Target and give it to the Salvation Army who Target has banished at Christmas time.
If they change their mind for Christmas 2005 then so will I.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's good to donate to such organizations but Target donates HUGE amounts to non-profits. Those demo christmas trees go to battered womens and childrens shelters.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
my targets are selling all the vector series spot lights cheap.less than half price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
This isn't a thread to bash/defend Target over the SA ban. That needs to be a seperate thread perhaps in the CAFE.

h_nu

Enlightened
My Target has the Dorcy 2 AA for $11.88 and the Eveready Trailblazer (LED sucks but cold cathode is nice) for $9.08. The Prodigy lanterns were not marked down. Too bad I already had these but thanks for the heads up.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
h_nu said:
My Target has the Dorcy 2 AA for $11.88 and the Eveready Trailblazer (LED sucks but cold cathode is nice) for $9.08. The Prodigy lanterns were not marked down. Too bad I already had these but thanks for the heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only dorcy lights the target stores have here is a few of the 1AAA version for $6.99. I didn't even see pegs for the other version perhaps they are discontinuing them. That is a nice price on the trailblazer, I got a doublebright for about the same price on clearance at lowes and the LED in it was too irritating for me to enjoy.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
At my local Target all the Vector stuff wason sale,a s well as a few other items. There was a really cheap silver colored 2x123 light for $10.99 or so, marked down from 15. They wouldnt be bad for the money....

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
They had a nice looking LED/Xenon light at Target but it was regularly priced at $25. It looked similar to an Innova with LEDs surrounding the bulb. I didn't pay attention to the total specs (batteries required, etc.) because the price was too steep for my non existant budget.

cy I have been to the 3 stores I know of here and they seem to have nearly the same stuff on clearance in stock at all of them. I am going to stop by now and then and see if they drop the prices more as I am eyeing one of the mini lanterns (prodigy II) as a possible host for a few CCFL modules I plan to swipe out of the coleman mini lanterns I bought from BigLots.

On another note I saw a few coleman krypton 4D floating lanterns on clearance at a walmart here in Tulsa for $5.
It may possibly make a decent host for a luxeon LED.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
my target has not restocked dorcy in awhile. but I did buy a Vector 3,000,000 CP twin spot for like 23 dollar yesterday.. hehehe

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one thing target sell's in abundance is gerber stuff. Knive's, multitool's, etc. Why they don't stock infinity ultra's, sonic's, and a bunch of other light product's, i don't understand.
with there buying power it's a no brainer. And It can't be
margin, or the MT's wouldn't be there. VDG

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Most likely it boils down to profit and selection and the people selling stuff and buying stuff are not flashaholics but more interested in trying to cover generic light lines for people that will nearly buy anything because they dont know better. Even walmart has a weird selection of stuff.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I just stopped by Target again and saw something that really tempted me.... a dorcy 1watt 3AAA LED light on clearance for $17.48 (normally $24.99). I wish I had the funds to spare on it as I have too many AAA nimh batteries to use already.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Now THAT'S what I was looking for when I noticed the clearance! Sadly someone else beat me to it, probably another flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

roknrandy

Newly Enlightened
Today my local target has removed all Dorcy products from the shelves. Just last week I got a 1AAA to look at and was going back today to pickup another. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
roknrandy said:
Today my local target has removed all Dorcy products from the shelves. Just last week I got a 1AAA to look at and was going back today to pickup another. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, my Target has not restocked Dorcy since like Nov. 2004 i have 1led1aaa, 3led1aa, 4led2aa, 1watt3aaa and was hoping to find a 1watt2aa there, guess i'm not now! lol