LS tail-pack and battery questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfn

Newly Enlightened
Hi, long-time reader, first-time poster.

I have two Arc LS flashlights (and LSH-P and a LSFH-P), and had two questions about the tail-packs. First, does anyone know if replacement switches can be purchased for the TSP version? Second, I assume that one could replace the switch with a metal plug to effectively convert to a twisty, but has anyone done it, and if so, any thoughts on where to get the necessary plugs? This is something that I might consider for the 2AA pack.

On a related topic, I was looking for information/recommendations on rechargeable battery options for the above lights, both AA and 123. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
sfn
let me try to answer your qs
1. yes, the switches for TSP are called the krolls and you can get them from the shoppe or flashlightlens.com. photonfanatics also selling them. i believe each is $5.
2. yes to an extent. if you use mag 2aa tail plug, remove the spring and replace it with aluminum spacer, you basically have a twistie (a longer than needed twistie, but twistie nonetheless).
3. try AW for non protected rechargeable 123 or AA. try jsburlys.com for protected 123 ion. Note though, arc does not say if it is safe to use the ion inside arc, but most folks able to use them without any harm to the circuit. YMMV

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh

i thought you were talking about lithium ion, since you mentioned 123 rechargeable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.