Infinity Ultra O-Rings

mateen

Enlightened
Anybody know for sure what size to get to replace the large oring between the head and body pieces on this light? Mine shredded itself when I unscrewed the two sections. Thanks!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
mateen said:
Anybody know for sure what size to get to replace the large oring between the head and body pieces on this light? Mine shredded itself when I unscrewed the two sections. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what the exact size is, but you should be able to find what you need here. I will measure mine this evening and let you know.
http://www.oringsusa.com/

mateen

Enlightened
Thanks as usual Nitroz...also, thanks for the tips on swapping my LED - works like a champ now with the 'uncut' MJ-type LED from the Sandwich Shoppe.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Some hardware stores have an o-ring section (near the plumbing area). You can try there too, especially if you don't know the exact size to order on-line.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
how do you get an ultra apart to swap the led ?

where do you get a uncut mj led ?

how much brighter is your mj modded ultra ?

greenLED

Flashaholic
1- It depends on whether it's the new style Gerber Infinity Ultra, or the older style - newer style seems easier from what I've reading the last weeks.

2- From the shoppe
3- ?

mateen

Enlightened
1. I hear on the older Ultra it may not be worth your while - the way the head is potted makes it much more difficult, I gather. However, something from the thread titled 'Polished Infinity Ultra' regarding the NEW style may get you going in the right direction if you wanted to.

2. Go to the Sandwich Shoppe link on CPF, and look for 'Uncut Hi-Power 5mm LED'.

3. Quite noticeably. For beamshots, take a look at the thread 'Uncut MJLED rocks in Dorcy AAA (and others)'. I took some before and after beamshots with my Gerber and they looked almost exactly like the UK eLED 2AAA beamshots on that thread. A very useable gain.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
markdi said:
I have the old style ultra

[/ QUOTE ]
The old style is tuff to do from what I have read. I won't be much help as I have the new style, good luck!