REBEL LED

wyomoose

Newly Enlightened
Just curious if any one has the Brinkmann Rebel LED from Walmart? And an opinion on it?
Thanks

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do, It is a great around the house light. It has next to zero side spill and is perfect for checking on the kids. I have had it for 2 months, use it daily and the brightness has not changed.
The red and blue filters that come with it are next to useless, and don't stay on very well.
The belt loop is effective, I have no problems with that.
Good light for a few bucks, no doubt.

Brinkman

Newly Enlightened
I Agree. it's good for around the house, reading at night (with the red lens) or walking through a camp. Something i found useful, was that if you didn't want the focused, you can take the optics out, though it's probably not recomended by Brinkman. The battery life is pretty good also. I figured around 30-35 hours non continous. I mostly use it for night reading, now that I have a Princeton Tec Impact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Some other good lights: Dorcy 1 Led AAA flashlight, Various Princeton Tec ones (they're all good) The Pak-Lite, and for a great area light, i either use a Energizer folding lantern with 2 leds, which are getting hard to come by, or i use a Guide Gear spotlight/area light found here ;http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=128513
the energizer link is here:http://www.alpharubicon.com/prepinfo/LEDmamabear.htm

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here's the runtime plot that I did on the Brinkmann Long Life. The Rebel and the Long Life share the same internals...just the outer shell is different. On alkaline batteries the runtime is 23+ hours to 50% max brightness....Lord knows what it would be using the Lithium batteries.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was ok at first and my first LED flashlight. Since then I put one of the 26,000MCD LEDs in it that I bought from ebay and it is much better than it was before.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I have a web page about the Rebel right here if you're interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! I consulted your site for this light prior to making my purchase, as I do with every light I buy and I managed to miss it.

wyomoose

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, Roy and LED musuem for the info. With the long run time how bright is it? Is it close to my UK 4AA LED?
Thanks

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one assuming it was a good light. That was wrong. Its a light weight plastic light with about the same or less output compared to the brinkmann stubby light. In fact, I rather you buy the stubby light or just get the dorcy single aaa light. The accessories are useless unless you have a plastic case to put it in to keep them on.

If anything, maybe a good light to give to your kids, no worry of them blinding you or anyone for that matter.

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
I have one that I hated so much it has hit the modd piel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif just riped out ther internals... Varey easey to do, remove the rubber ring that is used to hang in on your belt and push in on the two rataing clips. the LED and bord and reflecter all come out at onec.... Now what to do with it? the houseing may be desten for a trash can mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own the Rebel and I don't think I would recommend it. It sits in my tool box now because it is my beater light. The body is a low quality plastic and has cracked already. My dad's Rebel had the clickie switch fall apart on him. Not a very durable light as far as fit and finish. Like others have said, the accessories are all but useless.

I would take the $$ you would spend on it and get something better such as: UK eLED 4AA, MJLED mod, Gerber Ultra G or Sonic, or any other good LED keychain light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oddly, I am happy with mine, it's certainly not a light I would choose to chase the coyotes out of my back yard but it's cheep enough that I don't realy care where it is or who is using it, but it still manages to turn up in someones hand here almost daily.
I had to take it out of my sons hand (on of course) tonight before I carried him to bed..