Q3 Mother? $36 shipped!

NetMage

Enlightened
It is, and the picture does not do it justice. While the electronics are not much (resistor), the feel and size are awesome.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
"advance mart wants @ $85 for this!!!" I believe that Billgr is referring to the Ombu.

I thought I'd read in another thread that the Ombu and this light have some electronics differences and maybe some quality differences, that the lights aren't identical. It might not be legit to directly compare the price of this light to the price of the Ombu.

grayman4hire

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering the same thing. Is the OMBU the same light, electronics and all. Can someone answer this?

It is such a hugh price difference.

[ QUOTE ]
LightObsession said:
"advance mart wants @ $85 for this!!!" I believe that Billgr is referring to the Ombu.

I thought I'd read in another thread that the Ombu and this light have some electronics differences and maybe some quality differences, that the lights aren't identical. It might not be legit to directly compare the price of this light to the price of the Ombu.

[/ QUOTE ]

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
grayman4hire said:
Hello,

I just bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=5178485390&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I believe it is the Q3 mother otherwise known as OMBU X-33 or Nuwai TM-301X-3.

Can not wait to get it. I haven't bought a flashlight since x-mas.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is sold here as the Nuwai TM-301, available here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amondotech At present he charges $42.50 for the light, a fair price IMHO considering his good service and flat-rate shipping of $4.95
The company (Amondotech) is now the (only) authorized distributor for Nuwai in the United States; of course there are other retailers who sell Nuwai, like Advancedmart and TheLedLight. I have ordered twice from Wayne (owner of Amondotech) and found their service and prices to be excellent.

NetMage

Enlightened
I'm not sure what the differences are, but considering the OMBU X-33 and my TM-301X-3 both overheated on R123 and failed by losing the resistor on a circuit board, I don't think the electronics are different.

Maybe someone can post pictures of their OMBU X-33 circuitry?

arioch

Enlightened
Does anyone actually have this light? I have seen this light in a local store in my area, but without any "Nuwai" or "Ombu" markings on it. Packaging is similar to that shown on the "Amondotech" website for the 2x123A 3W Luxeon light, but without any name brand markings on the package.

I did an in store side by side comparison with my Sharper Image 1x123A 1W Luxeon light (also Nuwai design, I believe), which was the only Luxeon light that I had on me. The 3W model was significantly whiter, and on "high" setting, appears to be brighter than the 1W as expected, but the lighting in the store did not help with the comparison (daytime).

It is being sold retail here for $69.95, and I see it is being sold for anywhere from $42.50 to $85.00 online. I would appreciate any additional information before shelling out a bunch of hard earned dineros for this light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you search enough... you can get a Nuwai QIII as low as $19 on ebay..yup.. brand new and sealed... i got it shipped for a total of $22 .... it was brighter and last's longer than what i had bought from a BST @ $80 for 2...

Good things never last... they are always sold out... taken by big buyers.... to be sold at higher rates.... Advancemart is just another case (no offence ment)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mother QIII is at a good price... you can get it still lower... just search on ebay.. you will get it at around $28 - $30 range... add $6-$10 shipping (for US/Canada)...

there are 5 available now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif @ $28.95 .. buy it now price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

QIII + 5 CR123A's @ $25...hehe

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
if you search enough... you can get a Nuwai QIII as low as $19 on ebay..yup.. brand new and sealed... i got it shipped for a total of $22 .... it was brighter and last's longer than what i had bought from a BST @ $80 for 2...

Good things never last... they are always sold out... taken by big buyers.... to be sold at higher rates.... Advancemart is just another case (no offence ment)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mother QIII is at a good price... you can get it still lower... just search on ebay.. you will get it at around $28 - $30 range... add $6-$10 shipping (for US/Canada)...

there are 5 available now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif @ $28.95 .. buy it now price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

QIII + 5 CR123A's @ $25...hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

EBay price=$29 plus $9 shipping=$38
Amondotech price=$33 plus $4.95 shipping=$38

For my money, I'd rather buy it from a U.S. dealer who offers service, if it is necessary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
arioch: These products usually don't have any brand name on the packaging anywhere. I've seen Nuwai lights under the brand "Xenergy" which is engraved on the light itself, but not mentioned anywhere on the actual packaging. The box usually just serves as an ad for what's inside, and mentions no manufacturer or brand. Some packages vary, but don't be surprised if you can't find a big Nuwai logo somewhere on the box...usuallly the flashlight itself will have something on it though.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with you steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In fact.. i have seen the Amondotech page (even on ebay) ... with the prices similar to what you have posted... .. in US... I think... its best to get the light from US Dealer / Distributor... and thats for sure will be a good deal.... as compared to that with of a HK or other dealers....