Light meter recommendations

rscanady

Enlightened
All,
Would appreciate any feedback/opinions on light meters you have or have used, I will be buying one soon (to start quantifying mods), would like to stay around $100, thanks

Ryan

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Watt Stopper FX-200 should show up today, so I'll let you know what I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It was under $55 shipped from Ebay.

cy

Flashaholic
modamag has a group buy on Meterman for $77 + shipping

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an Ideal-Sperry Model 61-681. As far as I can tell, it's the same meter as the Meterman (I think both Ideal-Sperry and Meterman are owned by Fluke), but it comes with NIST ISO-9001 certification. With the certification my local cost was $148.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get an Extech 401020 for $60, and a Radio Shack PC interface multimeter for $60, and you have a recording luxmeter for those runtime plots, and a recording DMM for only $120.

rscanady

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm going to hit the local electronics store to check out the extech model, and if not happy probably get in on the group buy from Modamag, also just finished putting together my M@g85 and Holy Crap that thing is scorching, it puts my E2E to shame, i love it like my own child (well not really that much), but this thing is AWESOME!

Ryan