Just dropped my L4

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one call to do today, not the best part of town where most homes are called "war houses" they get this name because they were built during the war at lower than average standards, the subdivision containes many of these houses in groups, tall steep roofs, square houses.
I climbed to the peak for an inspection, drill in one hand, 3d mag in the other.
I slipped and released the drill, while reaching for it as it gathered speed my L4 slipped out of my pocket right behind it. The noise as these two items hit the ground chilled my blood.
The drill is no longer usable. The l4 bouced down a steep shingle roof about 20 times then over the edge it went, to a concrete driveway. I did my work then scaled back down to retrieve my stuff. I picked up my L4 and slid it into my pocket so my customer wouldn't see me cry and started picking up the drill pieces.
I got to my truck to examine the light to find 2 tiny knicks in the tail cap and 1 gouge in the bezel. You have to look real close to see them. And of course the thing lit up like new when I turned it on.
It is now broken in, and to be honest, I feel much better about it.

Before you ask:
-I didn't let go of the mag because I needed the other hand to avoid joining the drill, it has taken it's share of drops too.
-I needed the mag up there because I was going after a squirrel (yes, I got it) and although it isn't the best light I would feel much better throwing it than any other light I have, should the need arise, this was 11 am this morning, light wasn't my goal.
-The L4 wasn't tethered because this was supposed to be a routine climb on a slow day, I was dressed to meet a customer with a cute voice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about your scare. I once dropped my VIP, and it was the most terrifying second of my life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

ginseng...kids getting BIG
Al...you're funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
From an old cartoon, a rat says, "Hey, baby, I used to be a cute lil' squoil 'til all the hair on my tail fell out..."

Was the customer worth getting dressed up for?

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Pydpiper said:
I picked up my L4 and slid it into my pocket so my customer wouldn't see me cry and started picking up the drill pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif That's a great story!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone worth sacrificing an L4 over? This had better be *GOOD*..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In the meantime, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif Pydpiper, better go get your Z60 lanyard system!

I tie my U2 to my belt using an official Surefire lanyard, and it's virtually unnoticeable.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Good to know your L4 survived the ordeal.

Bah, who cares about the squirrel? I want to know if the face of the customer matched the voice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a dirty thinking bunch of guys you are!! God bless all of your souls.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Yes, she was hot.. Picture, I'll see what I can do, never asked my customrs to pose for a picture before.
I have wrong in the past, I'm usually pretty good at predicting, been horribly wrong too. This little lady was worth the drive.
Drop my flashlight and you guys want pics of the girl, way too funny!

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Then how about photos of the customer holding your battle-scarred L4? That way, we can see just how much damage was done to your flashlight. Yeah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story man! Good to hear your L4 is okay. And ditto everyone else about the picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want, I will ask her to pose.. I'm sure she will I am blessed with that gift, but this is my credibility on the line.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
<--nerd, so where are the pics of the L4?

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't see the marks on the tailcap they are so small, about the same damage as I did taking the tailcap apart with needle nose pliers.
The bezel.. Well, the mark is about this big "I", actuall size.. I can try if you really want.. downloading..

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, while these 2 pictures download on my 28k dial-up..

The girl picture..I am not going to ask her to pose with a flashlight, but I'm sure I can get her with my truck and the squirrel. The only thing girls like more than my truck is a furry litte animal.. I'll see if I can sneek the L4 into though.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.K. here is the damage report.
PICT5946.jpg

PICT5949.jpg