e-Series Body with an M-series head?

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
I took a day off from work, and had a chance to spend some time in the shop, so here's one of the things that were made today. Enjoy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An e2M adaptor. This will allow me to attach any e-series body to a M-series bezel
e2M2.jpg
e2M3.jpg

Some of the components - L to R:
E1e body, E2e body, M-series 2.5" turbohead, e2M adaptor, LuxeonIII/DB1000 module
parts1.jpg

A blurry (sorry!) pic of the M4 head/module powered by 1x123 with E1e body
e1tON.jpg

Comparisons with a stock M4
e1tm4.jpg
Mc3x123m4.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Cool! Finally ...
How about a rnu of those in HA3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
bk

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. I asked about an E-M adaptor about a year ago and got chewed out. Glad to see someone saw enough merit to make one up. Nice work!

Wilkey

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
ooooooh turbohead E1e!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Seriously though, there has been talk about an E2M for a long time just that nobody ever put the pedal to the metal (or rather the metal to the lathe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and did it. Congratulations, now when are they hitting B/S/T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd buy it, but at the moment I have no Millenium-series components to attach to it.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Thanks everyone.

I've tested it with an M3, M3T, and M4 using both Luxeon modules and the standard incandescent LA's. I have not experienced any fitting or contact problems. I just have to test it out on a KL6, and if all goes well, then the design stands.

Here are a couple more pics:

WinelightII and McM3
e2EM.jpg
McM3.jpg