need help identifying song

turbodog

Flashaholic
I've got a song that I ran across. I'd like to find the name so I can go buy the legit version. The one I have now is mp3 and only 80% complete.

Problem is..... there were many versions/remixes of this song. I need someone familiar with it to help me. I could email you the file and you could listen to it.

Artist: dead or alive
song: you spin me right round

It says it's the "techno remix", but if that's true I can't find it. I currently have about 8 different mixes of this song anyway. It's noticeably different than all 8 of mine.

So, if you really know your dead or alive and can help me let me know.

Ophiuchus

Newly Enlightened
I think "Youthquake" Album from Dead or Alive. 198X? Many Bitburgers ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Ophiuchus said:
I think "Youthquake" Album from Dead or Alive. 198X? Many Bitburgers ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

According to apple's itunes site, that song is only 3:18 long. I bought and downloaded it. Different that what I had, but not the one I am looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14C

Enlightened
Type a line or two of the lyrics into Google and you'll get a few pages of different versions and artists to choose from.

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
14C said:
Type a line or two of the lyrics into Google and you'll get a few pages of different versions and artists to choose from.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem. All the mixes have the same lyrics.

Ophiuchus

Newly Enlightened
Sorry can not help more. That was good old days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif BEFORE David Hasselhoff made visiting German dance clubs unbearable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malpaso

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one Adam Sandler sang at the beginning of The Wedding Singer?

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Malpaso said:
[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one Adam Sandler sang at the beginning of The Wedding Singer?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

pretty popular club song

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the version from "Like, Omigod! The '80s Pop Culture Box (Totally)". I think this might be the one you want.

arioch

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

I just listened to it. It goes for about 1:57 before any lyrics begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the song you want is on an 80's mix cd titled "80's Dance Party"; disc one of a four disc set. The whole song is 8 minutes long, and the vocals start at 1:58 of the song.

If I remember correctly, on the Dead or Alive album "Youthquake", there are two versions of "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)"; one is about 3 or 4 minutes long, and the other one is 7 or 8 minutes long. I don't know if the long version is the same as the one you want, though; as you say, there are many different versions of this song.

Hope this helps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
arioch said:
[ QUOTE ]

I just listened to it. It goes for about 1:57 before any lyrics begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the song you want is on an 80's mix cd titled "80's Dance Party"; disc one of a four disc set. The whole song is 8 minutes long, and the vocals start at 1:58 of the song.

If I remember correctly, on the Dead or Alive album "Youthquake", there are two versions of "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)"; one is about 3 or 4 minutes long, and the other one is 7 or 8 minutes long. I don't know if the long version is the same as the one you want, though; as you say, there are many different versions of this song.

Hope this helps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the winner is..... arioch. I will now except my week long vacation in fun filled Hawaii courtesy of arioch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif OOppss...I was thinking out loud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif