Recovering Flashaholic?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's it for me fellas's, I've come to the point were there's nothing left to see. The next one I see better by eye catching and better than 3w.

chiphead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Been there. No worries, though, the feeling will fade away in a couple of hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Back in the 1800s t here were some who were suggesting that the patent office should be closed down. Their reasoning was that "everything that can be invented has been."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to think that, too. Then someone posted an 'X' bin McLux in B/S/T... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

...THEN I started reading more and more about Mr. Bulk's LionCub... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

...THEN Modamag built the Minetrios... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

Ohhh, look at the pretty custom lights in B/S/T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

I seem to have an extra MiniHID laying around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

I'm sorry. I'm probably not helping here. If you can resist the urge to stay away from the great builds of Fivemega or Modamag, the great buys from eTendue or Waion, the new creations of Elektrolumens, the innovations of HDS or Mr. Bulk...

...then you're willpower is stronger than mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

Ophiuchus

Newly Enlightened
Happy Birthday, Chiphead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Familiarity breeds contempt. Sometimes best to leave alone for a bit,then take a fresh look.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy birthday..

I hope that Surefire comes out with some newer lights.. That would be pretty cool.. Maybe some more regulated incans or better LEDS...

-tom

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Been there. No worries, though, the feeling will fade away in a couple of hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Buying the U2 kept me out of B/S/T for two weeks because I figured that I was done - I already had all the practical lights I needed.

I don't know what's a more impressive achievement, the six level microprocessor light, Hall-effect mag sensor power selector dial, or the U2 banning me from B/S/T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then I discovered there were so many ridiculously IMPRACTICAL lights that I just had to have, and thus begins the quest for ludicrous lumens.. I'm back in B/S/T! GIMME MY USL!!!!

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, yeah. I forgot about the USL and the Polaris. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jeff

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you guys have made some good points here, the new Princeton-Tec Impact XL would look nice in my pack. Since I've paid off my truck loan today, I'm going to have a lot more funds to play with!

chiphead
p.s
Many thanks for the birthday wishes.

JOshooter

Enlightened
[monotone voice]Hi chiphead[/monotone voice]

Recovering Flashaholic? Is there such a term? I thought once you got bit by the bug there is no getting rid of it. Anyway, there's always the SureFire M6 to save up for...And then after that you can get a nickel plated version...

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also the 10x, etc.

If you are posting here, you are not recovering (you are still addicted looking for a fix). And the rest of us are just enabling you. You need to go and post on some, say,... Pilate site or something completely unrelated.

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
haha, I too thought that after spending $120 on a Tri-Star Phaser I would be done and satisfied.......but No!! I suffer from Lumen Envy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's funny, I get a new flashlight, play with it for about a week and then that new flashlight feeling goes away...then I start jonesing for that new feeling again. It's funny before finding CPF, I was happy with a stock mini-mag and a 6V (big square battery) lantern. Now I'm craving an L2 and an ARC AAA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

StuU

Enlightened
I thought that I was done last year. However, my flashaholism has come back stronger than ever. I was never into the $100+ plus lights before- now I think nothing of a new Aleph.

Also, the 2-stage lights are invading my fantasies- got a Surefire L1 coming for Bday. I am beginning to see A2s in my sleep. The advantages of having a complete Aleph system are becoming clearer and clearer....
Stu