• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***DONE*** Budding modders

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

If there are any of you out there that would like to get into modding, but are on a very limited budget and have been afraid of screwing up expensive luxeons and stuff, I have something that you might be interested in.

First let me say this though, I'm going to rely on the integrity of the you guys for this. If you are not new to modding or are not on a budget, please don't go for this. We need to keep the lights lit for the next generation of modders. There might be another McGizmo out there somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a mess of luxeon low dome emitters and NX05 optics that are KL1 and KL3 pulls. They could be very useful for practice, experimenting, and even modding tap lights for a first mod. If you meet the criteria mentioned above, just post with an "I'll take it," and I'll ship what I have out to you. Just keep in mind that I don't have any respect for these things and I haven't taken any care for their well being. What this means is that the optics (maybe even the luxeons) will likely have scratches that need to be polished out, if you are so inclined.

As I said, the first post gets the stuff. After you post, PM me with your address and I'll get them out the next time I'm packing stuff up for shipping.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Re: Budding modders

Kudos to Chop. No, I don't need these. Just wanted to say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif !!!

(This doesn't mean that I am in though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... )

bernie

Luman

Newly Enlightened

Tony,
I'd like to get into modding and I'm afraid of destroying expensive components. I've only done a couple of simple Solitaire mods replacing the incandescents with LED's from a couple of toys my kids destroyed. However, the only reason my budget is very limited is due to me buying already completed mods, components, and lights. I'd feel bad taking this very generous offer from someone in greater need. If you could part with just a fraction of your emitters and optics I'd be glad to pay you for the postage.

Thanks,

John

greenLED

Flashaholic

I'm also interested, if any of these items are still available. Thank you so much!

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Thanx for keeping the lights lit.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened

I'd be happy to take any leftovers if there are any. I haven't modded anything but i'd give it a shot.

gl22man

Enlightened

Adding to what CHOP has to give i have a xm2 body with switch that i will give away also. There is no head just body and tailswitch. Thanks to forum member js for all the things he has done for me i want to give something back even though it is not very much it is a start. So like CHOP mentioned above the first new to modding or is on a shoestring budget that really needs this to say i will take it will get this..
Thanks again to CHOP and js..
Mike..

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Helluva gesture Tony. You are definitely one of the big guys here in talent and heart.

Now you've got me wanting to go through my hot wire mod box for freebies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK guys, consider my stuff gone!!!

Since gl22man if offering something, I won't edit the title.

Luman,

Sorry bud.

Dandrop,

Sorry man, but it kinda sounds like you may or may not use them. If you get the wild hair to really invest some time in learning to mod. I don't know how, but I just seem to accumulate this stuff. I hope I'm not getting anyone PO'd with these decisions that I'm making.

greenLED and Sinjz,

I have about 20 emitters and 16 or so NX05s. PM me with your addresses and I'll split the stuff between you.

Guys,

No one said "I'll take it." I had to make a couple of decisions and that's what I did. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just remember what it was like when I first started modding and money wasn't such an issue for me, but I can imagine what it would have been like if it was. I derive great pleasure from modding and have made a few other people happy along the way. I'm just trying to open a door for someone else that may not otherwise be able to pursue the great hobby of modding LED flashlights and creating stuff that has yet to be named. I hope to see some off the wall stuff from some of the guys that are new to modding.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Technically I did say "I'll take it" So they should ALL BE MINE!!! :cackle: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If you accept me, I'll take it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm JUST KIDDING! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm interested in the XM2 body as well, but that might be sounding greedy....

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sinjz,

You sure did. It's too bad that I've already committed to greenLED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehehe... just got my PM out to ya Chop. Thanks again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GreenLED, you owe ME. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gl22man

Enlightened

Sinjz, What the heck as long as you will surely use this to mod i will send it out to you.I hope you are sincere.Please PM me your address and the stuff will go out Monday.
Mike..

Pajamas

Newly Enlightened

Ok, If anyone else offers something like this, please keep me in mind.

Here's my newbie resume:

1. Several MJLED installs (okay, I was so not understanding the concept that I had to buy two "kits" first, then got the nerve to drill out the reflector myself on two others). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

2. Spaceneedle 3D Mag mod. Not done yet. Still awaiting the D O'Sinks from Yaeso. But today I managed to get the emitters off of two Lux III stars. Although I got really mad when I realized I had touched the soldering iron to the emitter top and caused it to melt a bit on the second one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif What made it worse was I had spent about 3 weeks researching the type of Lux I wanted and actual found someone to sell me ones with TW0L bin.

I guess my future to modding really boils down to information. I always have tons of questions that I post on CPF, but don't always get responses to them. But once I understand what I need to do, then I'll try it. Right now I'm focused on upgrading lights I have already. I'm trying to do everything myself since many mods are too expensive.

I would like to know what "NX05 optics that are KL1 and KL3 pulls" means.

Thanks everyone!!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ginseng,

You wouldn't believe how quickly these things accumulate. I was working on a light tonight and found myself throwing these things on the floor. I usually do a give away every 6 or 8 weeks or so, but I had just thrown the stuff on the floor without thinking about it. LOL.

I hadn't dawned on me to do another give away until I had to stop what I was doing to dig an emitter out of the sole of my shoe.

Pajamas,

Sounds like you have some money to spend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have like 5 emitters still in the reel tape and I have it labeled TWOL. I'm going to guess that they are TWOLs, otherwise, I wouldn't have labeled them as such. These are emitters, not stars. If you need a couple, PM me. I'll try to check my records and come up with a fair price for you.

greenLED

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Thank you so much, Tony!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

This will really help me get started, as opposed to smoking a component and having to wait a while to get more supplies. PM with addy sent.