The neighbors LOUD music

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some apartments across the street behind my house. I was out front with my X990 when I noticed one of the tenants was blaring music REALLY loud. I mean OBSCENELY loud! I fired up the X990 and shined it into their living room windows for a couple seconds then turned it off and stood hidden in a shadow. The music immediately turned down and people started peaking out the windows and then they started coming out to investigate. I heard chatter of 'cops' and 'turn it off'. I was laughing.

The night has been quiet since. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Muahahahahaha!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Something my 6 yo daughter has recently been fond of saying. And yes, she too, would happily shine an x990 into someone's window, although as a responsible parent, it's something I can't recommend. OK, ok, yes, it's exactly what I would do. Excellent work.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good work Jeff that reminds me of an adventure with the HID Blitz but that's another story, some people just don't appreciate good lighting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Later
Kelly

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
Yeah, try a bright laser, that'll scare 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few hundred watts of CO2 through the window would do the trick quite nicely -- burning things tend to scare people.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have this problem on an ANNUAL basis. Fortunately, for the past year or so things have been quiet, I wonder why. Nobody knows I have the lights.

Anyway the plan is to fly in a FM 3" head for the USL by Global Express if it happens again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or a 52mm focusing lens...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The X990 is a HID, isn't it? Incans at least are instant strike and nearly instant extinguish for this kind of 'stealth' work. When I'm doing my beamshot tests against an empty building, I light it up for no more than 3 seconds to avoid disturbing anybody (who should not be there anyway) and to avoid them seeing where the shot came from because the lights I test make me visible for AT LEAST a 330 yard radius /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pointed it at the ground until it reached full power. Then I lifted it up and whipped it from window to window. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Jeff

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Peaceful resolution to a problem is always the goal!

And you got a little "entertainment value" out of it as well!

Good work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I read the title, I knew it would be an entertaining little story. I dont have lights that are capable of such things though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif YET... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif