The PSP is out!

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PSP is out!

Have you guys seen the PSP?? It is BEAUTIFUL!!! It is now for sale with the Spiderman 2 UMD.. Its pretty cool.

psp

-tom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The PSP is out!

Looks pretty cool. My only complaint is the size. To big for a pocket....(especially when that pocket already has lights in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep Ive seen it. I heard it was a bit too delicate though... Not too good. Even though it is very slim, its very long at the same time and from what I hear, VERY easy to break.

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened

It sucks, the joy stick breaks very easily. The format does not work very well. I heard that app. 1/2 of all shipped had problems. Plus, there are very few games. Sony brought this thing out way too soon. probably should have waited until Christmas & gotten all the bugs out.

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened

I had 2. Brought them both back. While I was bringing the 2nd one back, the guy that was working at EBGames said that
about 6 out of the 10 they got were brought back.

beam_me_up

Enlightened

Sony has pledged to replace any psp sold with 'dead pixels' This is the only place i've ever heard a problem about broken controllers. I hang in a place where several hundred people are chatting and raving about the PSP and all it's possibilities. We've even managed to get external hard drives setup and be able to get games and movies onto 2 GB cards so UMD will not be necessary.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was sooo tempted to get one, but I think I'll let the $250 price tag and $40-$50 games cool off a bit, especially with these less than stellar reliability reports. I've got a DS, which people dismiss as a "kid's" system, and granted, most of the current software doesn't turn any heads, but I think really cool things are yet to come with the touch control. Yoshi Touch and Go is freakin' addictive!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

In all honesty, I think the idea Sony has for the PSP is a winner. But, they brought it out way to soon, haven't developed enough software to go with it, and have made it cheaper price wise to the point where it is too cheap physically. The first estimate price I heard was $400. Now that it's out, it's only $250. Makes me wonder if Sony originally had a beefy/tough/long-lasting product in design like they normally produce but cut a lot of corners just to get this to sell in to people who couldn't afford the $400 orig. price. I really like the idea though. It has a lot of potential I think.