ELPA: The Silver Q-III. Great-Looking Light. Photo

Just received a couple of rare ELPA lights from Warren (eTendue), who is an awesome supplier BTW. These are essentially Q-III's, but manufactured in silver instead of black. In addition, the ELPAs have knurling instead of the crocodile bumps of the Q-III. As original ELPAs, these are made in the silver color, and NOT just standard Q-IIIs that have been plated or coated. I think the finish is actually better quality than that of the regular black Q-III:

Elpa.jpg

These ELPAs are technically "T-bin Modified Elpa DOP-11MG's" but they're ELPAs to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ELPA: The Silver Q-III. Great-Looking Light. P

Nice! Isnt that the new model of the Q III?

[ QUOTE ]
Mags said:
Nice! Isnt that the new model of the Q III?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mags, I don't think so, but I may be wrong. The ELPAs have been produced in Asia for some time, but they have been tough to get ahold of. It would be great if they were more readily available.

Longbow

Enlightened

I find it's appearance more appealing than the Q-III, very nice.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm going to try to mod my 2 ELPA lights with some 'W' bin Lux-V's and additional heatsinks. Hopefully I'll be able to add a LH type chip to it later, also.

I like the finish of these ELPA lights. It's the same silver color as my Pewter Mags.

Jeff