swapping nightcutter LEDs?

notrefined

Enlightened
Has anyone tried to disassemble the head of a nightcutter sportlight, or know how to? With a whole bunch of apparently brighter LED's hitting the market, I thought it would be interesting to see just how bright one of these could get. But first I gotta get the darn thing apart (safely)- any ideas?

notrefined

Enlightened
ok, I got in touch with someone who did part of the design work on this light...the black plastic washer-looking structure does unscrew, just takes alot of force to do it. Not sure if I actually have the soldering skill to do the mod though- was just thinking three of the uncut MJLED-type LED's could be interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you can stick something in the hole in black part to help with the unscrewing.

Jeff

notrefined

Enlightened
yep, that's what it's there for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif finding something that's strong enough and small enough can be another matter, though. I ruined a small hemostat doing it, but hey, i got a bunch to waste /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif