Thought I had a problem with my L1

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Turns out it was a dead battery.
I had almost no low beam and a not very bright high. Just before I posted, I thought I just changed the battery too. Then I remembered that my son had saved a used 123 earlier. Ahh. Glad I checked that before I posted my 'problem'.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif If someone solved my problem with the suggestion to change the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
So don't forget to check the battery before posting a problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some strange reason, I check all the voltages of my batteries before I use them. Might be time consuming but a good habit, no doubt.

Jeff

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
xpitxbullx said:

"This package isn't a new flashlight, honey, it's just a replacement part for a broken piece...HONEST!"

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahaha jeff, thats great! I especially love the HONEST!! Part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah put the dead battery in your light and say it's broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd recommend that most flashaholics should invest in a small DMM (~$5-$10 depending on where you shop) for voltage checking. VERY useful for determining approximate state of charge rather than sitting there guessing. Make sure yours is 10A capable if you want to do the 'flash amps' test.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin, yup, great for when someone else takes apart your packages of new batteries, and dumps them all in a bag with your used ones, including your recharables that you just spent time sorting out the charged from dead ones.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif Besides, who has time worry about lots of batteries shorting out and leaking catching fire? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Oh and a DMM is great if you're gonna do mods.