Flashlight for fun

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a particular flashlight just for the fun of it. It served no need for me or serves no known purpose to me (yet). I saw one of our members here 'lightemup' with one at the Shot Show 2005 and thought it was pretty cool. Just something to play with.

The Inova 24/7. No it's not uber-bright. It's even shaped kind of funny. But this is a cool light I can't seem to put down.

Just wanted to let you know,
Jeff

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
From personal experience....

Once you've found the light that you're going to use for EDC and realistically 90% of your requirements, or the pair of lights, you stop thinking about your 'practical' light and start thinking about your 'fun' lights..

Not that there is anything wrong with it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif *hides all the ridiculously overpowered Mags* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you say that you are a collector, people will look at you as a wise person.
Then, you can USE the two lights as Kevin said, and have FUN with the other two hundreds you have, as a collector, bought and stored on a multi-story shelves.

Anthony

The_virus

Enlightened
I have many fun lights I really don't use. An LED Flash-fire is blue and includes a plastic diffuser to make it look like a lightsabre...practically useless, but it sure is fun to play with! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I also have a few LED markers designed for diving or just waving around at night...Garrity FunTaststicks are cheap but really neat at night, plus they come in so many colours. I also have a strobe marker with interchangeable heads to make it white, amber or red.

The point is, I don't really use any of these lights for their intended purpose, although I might sometime. Right now they're just for fun, but I see nothing wrong with that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I have many also. How many does one need? It's want, not need, that makes the world go 'round...

greenLED

Flashaholic
I received one last Christmas from ksbman and keep it in my car. I love all the different modes, and the strobing ones are useful to increase visibility at night. I also like the fact that it's small and uses 1x123.

Incidentally, last week we were at Goodwill and I couldn't resist buying a "Playskool" flashlight. Yup, the ones with the red and green filters, and the auto-off function. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Talk about a fun light!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It is indeed a great little vehicle light! If you can find the "kits" (headband, wall mounts, & magnetic mount), it becomes even more versatile!

I'd sure like to find a source for the "kits"!!