Clamps for torches on bicycles

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the Twofish products, I wonder if instead of ordering two separate lockblocks for about $7.99 each, one could order the set of 3 lockblocks intended to hold a U-lock for only $10.99?

Anyone have better information on this? The Twofish website doesn't give much in the way of specifications or detailed photos.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny you folks should mention it. There is a Group Buy running right now for bike light holders. I've been eyeing the Twofish lockblock for a while but have always been too lazy to bother with the hassle of international shipping, but Emilion does ship overseas so it's all good..

AtomSphere

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wasBlinded said:
Looking at the Twofish products, I wonder if instead of ordering two separate lockblocks for about $7.99 each, one could order the set of 3 lockblocks intended to hold a U-lock for only $10.99?

Anyone have better information on this? The Twofish website doesn't give much in the way of specifications or detailed photos.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if it has a very good mounting. I mean i do cycle in some very rough terrain at night too... don't want my torch to be slowly facing downwards...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atom, I was wondering the same... Altho I haven't gotten round to trying to order one of the lockblocks yet, but I would imagine maybe putting some 'Blu-Tack' stuff (or similar) on the clamp that clamps on your handlebar, that way it should stop it from sliding/slipping I think... But in terms of grip on the light, it sould clamp on pretty well. I think Kiessling had some pics of a big LedLenser light (IIRC 2-3 D cell size) on a lockblock, mounted vertically on a door handle to show that it holds the light tight enough.

PowerShot

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
Funny you folks should mention it. There is a Group Buy running right now for bike light holders. I've been eyeing the Twofish lockblock for a while but have always been too lazy to bother with the hassle of international shipping, but Emilion does ship overseas so it's all good..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi all! Newbie here!
I am into biking & alot of night rides. Other than reliability factor, I found 1 problem with the mounting mentioned above, a "quick release" feature, essential when u park your bike in public places. IMO, convenient removal of light from handlebar (against theft) should be a good feature in any bike mounting bracket, especially with some valuable flashlight!

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
agree totally with that ability to REMOVE the light.
after torturing lights on my gas scooter, i gave up and stuck them on my (law required) helmet.
because i take the helmet with me, for secuirty , and it can light where i view that worked out good.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Powershot, hotlinking isn't allowed, please remove the pic or host it yourself...

The clamp is sold without the light btw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
ft013151wg.jpg

E

Emilion

[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Powershot, hotlinking isn't allowed, please remove the pic or host it yourself...

ft013151wg.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

And that light is just for "I'm here!", can't light up your path~

E

Emilion

The mount I'm preparing for GroupBuy 100% fits a E2D. I've tried it with mine. I don't have a C3, but I can mount my L5 with this mount(Mount between combat grip and Tail Cap)

PowerShot

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:

ft013151wg.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry BART, didn't know about that. Link deleted
This bracket is neat & "quick-releaseable", a practical choice to mount flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
wasBlinded said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I can testify on this from personal experience.

I thought the same thing and order some lockblocks AND the ulock kit.

The ulock blocks are different. The straps are shorter, the velcro's not as good, and the buckles are weaker.

Buy the lockblock.

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
AtomSphere said:
[ QUOTE ]
wasBlinded said:

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if it has a very good mounting. I mean i do cycle in some very rough terrain at night too... don't want my torch to be slowly facing downwards...

[/ QUOTE ]

I use a lockblock and surefire L4 as a backup when night riding on trails. It has stayed put over terrain that will rattle your teeth.

Highly recommended.

crashlander

Newly Enlightened
I have the Globetrotter thingy. It works good, is installed quickly and it´s cheap. Problem is, a Surefire L4/E2e etc. doesn´t fit in it (flashlight´s too small in diameter). You need some stuffing material, e. g. duck tape around the flashlight or hard foam attached to the holder. That´s done in seconds, for emergency situations, toilet paper will do it, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The L4 works good as a bike light if biking on good paths and not too fast. Kind of "normal biking" that would be, I guess...
lightclip_L4.jpg

Wong

Newly Enlightened
I have the flashlight mount same to the Emilion selling now at Group buy trade but mine bought from Waion. This mount is good for the value. I fix mine with 6P at bottom of the handlebar.

flashlightclip.JPG