LR44 "nut cell" for the L1

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
I tried the suggestion of replacing one of those LR44'S with a nut and I also didn't notice any difference in brightness. When one does this I would suppose you would lose some runtime. How many companies out there purposely overdrive their LED's? This can't be a good thing.I guess regulation is the way to go(or is it?) I dunno'...just rambling I guess
cool.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried this with the SL Key-Mate & it made a lot of difference in brightness. About 25% less. I tried it with my L1 Blue/Green & it made a lot of difference too. With no voltage regulation, it almost has to make a difference. TX

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Dreck:
I tried the suggestion of replacing one of those LR44'S with a nut and I also didn't notice any difference in brightness. When one does this I would suppose you would lose some runtime. How many companies out there purposely overdrive their LED's? This can't be a good thing.I guess regulation is the way to go(or is it?) I dunno'...just rambling I guess
cool.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your decrease in brightness will be about 1/3, but....your running time on just 3 batteries will be twice as long as on the 4 batts. I checked the mA draw on my Pelican L1 and confirmed that.
blush.gif

-comes from old electronic axiom that cutting the current by 1/2 will increase the longevity of a battery power source by 3X.