• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Small full power 5 watt Luxeon lithium ion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in the process of modifying the little 3 watt Luxeon 3 AAA battery MXDL flashlights that you see on ebay all of the time. It will use a single 1400 mAh cell and run for an hour flat on one charge. I plan on selling this as a kit starting at my cost $75.00 on ebay with a charger and 2 cells. I am an Engineering Technician for an Engineering Firm that fulfills design contracts for all branches of the military, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and others. I have a very good sense for excellent design. I have designed driver circuits for single cell 1 watt Luxeon flashlights (keychain size, actually 3/4 watt drive) and 2 cell 3 watt flashlights (full power drive), and I have my working prototype that drives a 5 watt Luxeon to full power down to less than 3 volts @ about 1.6 amps average!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Millersmods,

Welcome!

I've had a few of those MXDL lights and thought they would make an excellent host for a mod such as yours.

Sounds like a great idea and I think I'd be interested if you can get some pics posted!

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have some pictures next week sometime for sure. I have some of the parts right now but not everything I need for a finished product. I have the circuit made and a 5 watt Luxeon, but I have the batteries, charger, battery holder for charging, and 3 more Luxeon V's on order. I used a power supply for testing meanwhile. I can see that this flashlight will get pretty warm, I just hope it will be comfortable to handle.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Welcome aboard, cool sounding mod!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts