Attitude switch fix

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
My first modd! (actually fix)
grin.gif

That hard twist on/off is due to the pressure sensitive switch (located on the side of the pc) not making contact. The fix is to remove the top bar & adding solder to the 2 contacts underneath; put a drop of solder on the top of the bar & replace it.

Princeton Tech warranty sucks...

Spectrum

Newly Enlightened
<<The fix is to remove the top bar & adding solder to the 2 contacts underneath; put a drop of solder on the top of the bar & replace it.>>

Can't wait to try it, but am a little confused.
How do you remove the bar and get it back on again?

Update: Thanks! You gave me an alternate idea -- I never thought about what actuates the switch until your post. After looking at your photo and the inside of the Attitude, I thought that raising the plastic bulkhead inside the housing that contacts the switch plate should have the same result. A small blob of hot glue on the top of the plastic and mashed flat seems to work without having to touch the circuit board at all. Anything that makes the switch actuate well before the end of travel for the end cap -- a blob of epoxy would probably be tougher.

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
att.jpg

The bar slips off the 2 plastic poles after squeezing the mushroomed tops with plyers or tweezers. When finished soldering, put it on & mushroom the top again to hold it on.