FMU's Nuwai 2AAA grew bigger! pics

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
FMU\'s Nuwai 2AAA grew bigger! pics

It all began here.

The problem started with a damaged reflector in this Nuwai 2xAAA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
DSC00359.jpg

I managed to get it open and take out the led/driver board module and turn it into this!!
I spent about an hour with the dremel and some soldering.
The module was eventually able to fit perfect into the stock mag bulb holder.
The modded metal bulb assembly is easily transferrable to a 2D maglight for an insane runtime too.
Current is about 120 milliamps with 2 alkaline c cells.
Enjoy!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

In the 3 pics below, I have this big Nuwai versus a shorter running stock minimag.
DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

The last pic has the grown up Nuwai versus 4 28 watt compact flourescent spriral bulbs each putting out over 1700 lumens a piece. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Re: FMU\'s Nuwai 2AAA grew bigger!

Fun's over, now get it over to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope I don't confuse it one day with my Space Needle II clone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif That'd be embarrasing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's soldered into the bulb holder permanantly.
The bulb holder can be transfererred real easy to a 2D host of any color you like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Former_Mag_User said:
Fun's over, now get it over to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope I don't confuse it one day with my Space Needle II clone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif That'd be embarrasing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Edit:
pm sent Former MU.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, the original driver board is the only part of the original Nuwai 2AAA light that you have in this 2C light?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Driverboard with attached led is all that's left.
It's all going back to Former Mag User in a day, or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This all worked out to be much like a permanantly installed Everled Jr setup.
This is still boost regulated with bigger batteries now to happily sip on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif