LED and glow powder

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a bunch of keychain LEDs. They are very bright and unless you hold them just right some of the side spill can get you.

So I killed two stones with one bird and tried something I'd been thinking about. I have a tube of House hold contact adhesive and sealant made by the shoe-goo people. It's clear. I put a thin layer of the glue around the side of the LED, then dipped it in glow-powder.
It's ugly and needs to be smoothed out but the idea works. Side spill is cut down and it's got a good glow after just a few seconds.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i really gotta get me some of that new wizz bang glow powder, with its 8hours of at least partial glow, its almost as good as tritium :) for my needs.
i know of all kinda places i would like to try it.

but the price of it is a bit high :-(

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep checking these forums and remember that a little goes a long way and that it is very low density. An ounce will cover a very large surface area.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use glow powder from www.glowinc.com

What I use the most of is the green. It's really bright and lasts a good while. I think I've been paying around $20 for 4 ounces. I mix it with two ton epoxy and then just apply it to where I want it.

greenLED

Flashaholic
What Chop said. I gave in and bought some of the green-blue paint... it rocks! Easy to use. I haven't tried the powder+epoxy combo.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm, much better prices thanks, i needed that, being a cheapskate and all, i wouldnt want to have to go dig the ore :)