Flashlight dilemma

jhereg

Enlightened
I am trying to decide what flashlight to get. In Surefires I currently have a G2 (2), E1 (2), E2E (3), L1, Z3. I have the opportunity to purchase (1) Surefire at about 40% of MSRP. I'm thinking about either the M6 or L2. What would you suggest & why?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
The L4 is my most useful SF. I have the 2-stage McGizmo switch. I have an incredibly small incredibly bright LuxeonV light with a normal stage that is very adequate for most things, and a super-bright "wall o' light" stage when I need it. As for size, this is perfect -- not to big, but not too small, it just fits my hand very well.

And it runs great on a Pila.

I think every decent collection needs an L4. Shouldn't you get an L4 now?

jhereg

Enlightened
I've thought about an L4. I had one at one time, but lost it. I used it a lot & agree. Everyone should own a L4. The L4 is what tempts me to get the L2. (Brighter & two stage from the factory.) The M6 is really calling to me, but it's not very practical. It's rough to make this decision!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
U2 Digital Ultra. You'll NEVER look at LEDs the same way again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are like me, you will use the L2 a lot more, or wish you had gotten it if you get the M6. I might order an L2 today (if I can make up my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

I don't know if the thrill of 250/500 lumens is actually enough to outweigh the utility of the L2. I mean, you don't need to ride a helicopter to get groceries or rent a movie. A car works better.

[Oops. You mean the Pelican M6, don't you.]

Get the L2. I believe Surefire makes a better product. Tougher, more reliable. The reason not to would be length.

Scott

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
L2 or L4 certainly more useful as all around lite. M6 really bright, really fun, really lights up a place. But, are you in a position to use it regularly? The feeding can turn out to be quite expensive.

However, you may not want a practical SF torch, and really want something to knock the socks off your relatives at the next cookout: that's the M6 alright!

daloosh

Malpaso

Enlightened
I can't believe nobody has said "get both". Thinking purely from a monetary standpoint, if you buy the M6 at 60% off list, that comes to $156.80. You will have saved $235.20, which is way more than an L2. In reality, you should buy a third light with the money you're saving.

Latest posts