• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WANTED: McGizmo AA light

LT49

Newly Enlightened
I've got a standard Aleph, but now I would like a light using off-the-shelf-anywhere AA's. Anything available? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif THANKS.

HunterSon

Enlightened
Get an Aleph or PR-T built with a MadMax, MadMax Lite, or Wiz2 converter and use one of the 3X123 battery packs that fit these heads. 2 AAs will fit.
I have a PR-T with a MadMax Lite in it and it runs for a loooong time on 2 AAs.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
option #1 buy an 3 * 123 tube, like a BE3 (not in production) and use 2 AA batteries. 3*123 tubes are hard to find with aleph switch compatibility.

option #2 buy an 17500 tube and use another Light Engine with Madmax Board. Cause that will take 1 AA voltage. Compact but more expensive than option#1 also might be dimmer than your current setup.

Edit: I'm too slow :p

LT49

Newly Enlightened
I should have mentioned, I am a total NEWBIE. It is all I can do to replace batteries much less convert/build a light, hence I am looking for a ready-made light. THANKS.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
Oh sorry, I've misread your topic title. I thought you specific wanted a McGizmo AA light. I guess if you just want another light that uses AA power. There is a cheap Streamlight luxeon Jr 2AA available for 30 bucks or less. Here is a review of it link

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Depending on your Aleph configuration you already own you can get a 3x123 battery tube (the DSpeck UBH or the Balrog BE3) and jus treplace the Aleph battery tube and you are set for 2xAA. It has to meet the requirements of the driver in your Light Engine though, or you can buy a new Light Engine, screw it in the Aleph head and you're done.
Modularity rulez!
bernie