Pocket flashlight Lens Covers?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who carry one (or more) of their flashlights in their pocket(s) does anyone use a quick removal type lens cover? I've been on the hunt for years for something like this - starting with the Mag Solitaire I used to carry in my pocket but have never had much luck finding something useable. I did find a couple items that are okay for the Mag solitaire and others in that size range but now I'd like to find something for the new Jil Lite and some other lights I like to pocket carry that have somewhat bigger fronts. For the Mag solitaire I found this vinyl somewhat stretchy 'screw cap' as it is labled at Lowe's hardware. That worked fine and stays put well and is plenty thick enough to even protect from head drops. But I haven't been able to find anything bigger. Does anyone know of anything?

Flashdark

Enlightened
Somewhere, there was a thread about colored bottle tops at about $1 each for the 1" Surefire bodies. I don't know the brand of the drink that they came from but they were conviently colored for various purposes. A search might reveal the brand name.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Rubber caps for chair legs come in various sizes and are available at most hardware stores or Wallyworld etc.

Pajamas

Newly Enlightened
You could try that new Saran Press 'n Seal. It'll stick to anything, is cheap, and can be replaced as often as you want.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found some lens covers to fit my Aleph1, Aleph3, and Surefire U2 here:
www.telescope.com/sdx/114781.jsp

As for 1" diameter heads, I like the Surefire beamshaper. Slips on and off, protects the lens, and you can leave it on if you don't mind a more diffuse beam.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone - you've given me new hope as a couple of those ideas are ground I haven't covered yet. I'm currently looking mostly for covers around 1" (HDS) and some around 3/4" (Fire~Fly, Jil Lite)

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
wasBlinded - thanks for the link! That's exactly what I've been looking for for a few lights, including my Aleph1/3 and U2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

buba

Newly Enlightened
The plastic cap from a 20oz diet coke bottle fits most of the Surefire E2 lights. I have used them on E2D, E2O, and KL1 heads.