Nuwai dealers in Denmark/Europe?

Jens_Lund

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I am new to the CandlePower Forums, but hope for some help from you flash-light knowledgeable people ;-) By searching the forums and reading your opinions I have decided to go shopping for either a Nuwai Q-III/TM-303X-3 or a TM-301X-3, with a preference for the latter. They both seem to be good compromises between price and features!

However, I am in doubt where the get them from. I am living in Denmark, a country in Europe, and due to custom/VAT issues I would very much prefer to buy from a store in Europe. I have only been able to locate 1 (one) dealer in Europe, www.toolshop.de, and they only carry the Q-III.

Do you know of any other Nuwai dealers/shops in Europe?

Thanks for your help!

Jens

Mark2

Enlightened
luminaria: Thanks for posting the link, but I have just one Q-III left and there is a deal pending for that one.

chrisse242

Enlightened
Try www.toolshop.de for the nuwai Q3, slightly higher cost than here on the forums, but stefan ships to the whole continent as far as I know and is an outstandig guy to deal with.

Cheers, Chrisse

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
59 euros is "slightly higher cost"? I am in my fourth Q3 and I have never paid more than 30 euros shipped to Europe, buying from ebay or fellow CPFers.

Even if customs were to stop such a low value package, maybe marked as a gift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, and shipped by normal airmail, it would be cheaper.

chrisse242

Enlightened
He asked for a shop in Europe to get around the customs/Vat issues. How should I know about how danish customs handle any kind of package? Of course it's cheaper to get the light here, but as far as I know the typical deal for the Q3 is above 30Euro. Maybe "slightly" wasn't the perfect word to describe the difference after all.

Buying the light in a european shop will at least make it easier to send it back for repairs or in case of any other issues. And it is less likely to "dissapear" somewhere in transit.
Ok, I guess should read before I post, you already knew toolshop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif
Anyway, if you insist on buying from a european shop this pretty much your only choice.
Chrisse

Robban

Enlightened
Hi there neighbour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm from Sweden and I don't know if our customs work in similar ways or not but I can say that I have yet to pay any fees on my packages *knocks on wood* sent from the states (or anywhere else for that matter). Not even the more expensive SureFire L4 got stopped.

I have searched for dealers here in Sweden and haven't had much luck. Unless you count a couple of morons that try to make you pay waaaaay more than is sensible.

lamperich

Enlightened
here on ebay germany www.ebay.de a guy sells nuwai Q3´s for 49 Buy now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

search for "Nuwai Quantum III Luxeon III"

Best price i found was on ebay.com ca. 28 EUR +shipping
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
Nuwai products may also be under different brand names, perhaps even locally. For example the nearest "House of Knives" in my city sells flashlights under the name "Xenergy" but they are in fact Nuwai products! Have you checked with nearby knife/collectible/gift stores as well as hunting and tactical supply stores? If they don't stock them, they may be able to order some items for you.

simbad

Enlightened
I´ve seen the Nuwais at the local store sold as "Ledwave" and they have both 3w and 5w at the ridiculous price of 125 and 155 euros /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
I think Ebay allways is the cheaper option but it´s not the guarantee that you will get exactly what you pay for, and the taxes after all in few countries are very high.
Toolshop gives an excellent service, I used to receive parcels in two days, maybe a bit pricy but the shipping cost is included and of course no taxes within Europe.

Jens_Lund

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the input so far!

1) As one of you mentioned, and I also figured out by reading more posts on CPF in the mean time, the Nuwai TM-301X-3 is also called Ledwave X-33. This particular light is in fact sold from a Danish web-store, www.gadget-shop.dk, for the price of 649 DKK, i.e. approx 88 EUR, 112 USD. (It is not quite clear what, if anything, they will add for shipping. Likewise it doesn't seem like they ship to any other European countries --- but again, I am not sure.)

2) The Danish customs is actually quite "aggresive". AFAIR any package sent from outside EU by mail is opened by the Danish Post Service. They charge 50 DKK, 7 EUR, 9 USD for this "service", AND they will charge the Danish VAT, i.e. 25% of the value of the package. It might help marking it as a gift, or have it sent from a private person, but I am not sure of this. It might also help having it sent by UPS/DHL/..., as it isn't handled by the Danish Post Service in that case.

3) I will investigate the eBay options as well!

4) I have searched my local outdoor/hunting shops, and if they have any led lights at all, then it is usually the Led Lenser products. (Do any of you have any opinion on the Led Lenser V^2 (V squared) product, be it 1x123 or 3xAAA?)

Jens