I got a Sandwich, what are the 3 orings for?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One is for the otherside of the lens and one is for the reflector, but what is the final one for? Also, how do I keep the So17x centered?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
One is used as a retaining O-ring for the sandwich itself. After inserting the sandwich in your light, slide the last O-ring behind it to keep the sandwich from sliding out when you change batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Glad to hear you've gotten your sammie, I am sure you would enjoy it--

For the retaining ring, as said, is kept behind the sammie(in front of two batteries) in the body tube to keep sammie from falling out. To place the oring behind the sammie, I myself usually would slide the sammie in first, then oring, then 2 batteries(negative side in first)to push the oring all the way in behind the sammie.

The other two rings, one(O ring 16) is placed within the other(O ring 18) behind the glass/lens, and the IMS 17 reflector is to be placed behind the O ring 16.

You could find a detailed explination from Wayne's old page here

For myself, I actually found that I could centered the IMS 17 just fine without the O ring 16. Instead, I place the o ring 16 'behind' the reflector, sitting on a rim inside the bezel head just to keep it from moving around. YMMV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I originally thought it would go behind, though it works either way right now. Thanks. (There is a little wobble in the head, that screws up the center..)

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't like the wobble, so I removed the legs from the IMS 17 and screwed the head all the way down and use a kroll switch to turn it on and off. Everything stays put and feels a lot more solid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...I just used the larger O ring and flickering before the light turns on is gone. Can I keep it like this with the reflector against the lens or will I break something?

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
Uh, Sandwich? What is that? Not something you eat??? [/qote]

We're talking about dat2zip's Luxeon "sammies", available at The Shoppe.