Dorcy 2AA blew out

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
One of my Dorcy 4-LED 2-AA flashlights suddenly stopped working, so I opened it up to see what happened. Batteries were ok, switch (such as it is) seemed ok also, but when I popped the regulator board out of the head, I found that the transistor had burned up. I don't remember leaving it on for a long time, so I don't think that I caused it to overheat - at least not deliberately.

Guess it's time to head back to Target again...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
That's a shame, these Dorcy LED lights have a pretty good reputation considering how cheap they are. Good thing Target will probably just exchange for you.

I wonder if Dorcy would replace it under warranty or is the circuit board sidered part of the "bulb" and thus not covered by their warranty? Dealing with Target is easier and less of a hassle, but I wonder what Dorcy's official word on this would be...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think that ordinarily I could've gotten it replaced at Target, but since they're selling these as "clearance" items now, they're probably less likely to take one back. One the other hand, a replacement won't cost me as much as the original did. I'm not griping about cost at all, just wondering what made the transistor go pffffzt!