L4 clip?

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Hm, i thought i posted this ealier today, but it looks like i forgot to hit the post button, and closed the browser.

But does the L4 clip detatch? if so, how? and if you take it off, can you put it back on? i think i want to remove the clip, even though it is handy. I have mega plans for it though

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,
Remove the head(KL4), and o-ring.
Then put a flat head screw driver under the bend in the front of clip and push.(I prefer to grab the clip sides with a good pair needle nose pliers and pull it off).
Look for the plastic spacer under the clip to come off.

To install slide the clip on as far as it will go, then slide plastic spacer under cilp, you may have to push the spacer the last little bit with a screw driver or needle nose.

HTH

luxlover

Banned
Beamhead's method is one way to get the clip off, but it didn't seem to work for me.

Since I have had "complete" success removing the pocket clips from my L1, L4, and E1e lights several times, I wish to share my removal method with those of you who have had no success.
<font color="red">WARNING:
Removing the clip may have a negative effect on the upper o-ring. When the clip is on the body, the clip's plastic wedge stops the o-ring from being squeezed into the body's clip groove when the bezel is tightened. When the clip/wedge are removed, and the bezel is tightened hard enough, the o-ring may be damaged as a result of it being pressed into the body groove. To protect the o-ring from being damaged by the edges of the groove, you may want to find something to wedge into the body groove by itself, which will stop any portion of the o-ring from being pressed into it. I have yet to find such an item. When I do, I will share it in a post.</font>

If you still want to remove the clip, follow these steps.....
Remove the bezel, then the o-ring. Attach a strong string to the clip at the end where it is attached, doubling it over. Wrap the string around my palm a few times so as not to have it "bite" into my skin. Position the pocket clip so that it is not facing the inside of your hand, to avoid having the clip slice you if it slips. Give a "strong and sharp yank" toward the top of the body, while holding the body in the other hand very securely. The clip and the plastic wedge will slide up and away from the body groove together. To reattach the clip, position the plastic wedge on the clip, aligning it so that it's flared out section is in line with the flared out section on the groove on the body. Slowly press in both parts as a single unit with a hard blunt object, a screwdriver, or the tip of pliers. No banging is required, just a sliding action.

Let me know how this works for you!

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Plans for the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But i dont want to damage the O ring =\ I may still try, but keeping the clip on. I was going to buy one of the collars for the l4, get a longbow titanium clip, and also get a bike mount that would screw into the hole. It'd be neat looking, help with my bike and stuff. But i dont think i'm going to do it anymore, because of the o ring. Thanks again though!

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Surefire should make a plastic spacer (similar to the one already there)that would fill the gap left by the removed clip. Thus no o-ring damage.
What would the spacer cost Surefire to make? .03 -.05 cents / unit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif