Set clocks ahead 1 hour this Sunday

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Sadly, I have 7 clocks/watches that pick up the time signal from the US Gov radio broadcast. The signal comes from NIST in Boulder, CO.

Of the 7, only 3 sucessfully made the leap last time. The other 4 had to be adjusted.

Progress! Please?

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate when the time changes roll around. It makes my head hurt. Not because of throwing off my schedule (it doesn't), but because of the following:

They post this info around work. I should start a betting pool as to the number of people who: a). completely forget, or b). set their clocks back instead of ahead.

But it does mean that the one clock in the entire house I asked my wife to adjust six months ago will be on time again.

BTW, two months after resetting the clocks in the Fall, I finally drove her car, noticed the clock was off in it, and reset it. Then this conversation took place:

Her -"How'd you do that!?!"
Me - "Well, for starters, I read the manual."
Her - "What took you so long?"
Me - "Honey, I haven't been in your car in two months!"
Her - "Well, if you had, you should have changed it sooner!"
Me - "My head hurts! Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!"

This from the same woman who said the clock on my side of the bedroom was wrong and that I should change it, because her clock radio was set and that meant it must be right. Yep, you guessed it, I have an radio controlled clock that syncs with the atomic clock in Boulder, CO. But when I told her that the NIST and Naval Observatory probably weren't too far off, she said I should check again.

Ain't love grand?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
chmsam said:
---- It makes my head hurt. ------I have an radio controlled clock that syncs with the atomic clock in Boulder, CO. But when I told her that the NIST and Naval Observatory probably weren't too far off, she said I should check again.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Ain't love grand? Yes it is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif At times also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I worked the night shift I'd be thrilled, but losing an hour of sleep doesn't make me feel very warm and tingly inside. .

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I hate DST! Only upside is that my alarm clock and truck clock set forward easier/faster than back! http://www.gregorybraun.com/ has a neat, free utility (very bottom of the list) which allows you to sinc your computer to NIST time.

Larry (Almost quality dark enough to try the USL outside! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wish all the clocks would adjust themselves. I have a microwave that is smart enough to reheat my dinner based on its weight and type of food, but it can't adjust the clock by one hour???

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, the same routine

Sprinkler timer, Malibu Light timer, Aquarium Light timer, Programmable Thermostat, Microwave, Clock on the stove, Kitchen wall clock, Alarm Clocks, Mp3 player, Digital Camera, Camcorder, 2 VCRs, Watches, Car clocks, and many other clocks I can't count yet!

At least I have 4 clocks that account for DST and reset themselves (Computer, one of the VCRs, and 2 atomic alarm clocks

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have given up on resetting all of the dozens of clocks that seem to surround us. I have found that if I don't set the microwave clock at all, it doesn't display, so that is a lot nicer than looking at a flashing "12:00" all the time. That feature is almost as good as being self-setting.

I have a few devices that are self-setting (VCR, atomic clocks, PDA, computer, cell phone). I set my watch and that is always with me, so I pretty much ignore the rest of the clocks in my environment. That makes life a little simpler.

Whenever my wife wants to add another clock for the purposes of decoration, I tell her that it is fine as long as she resets it for DST. When she doesn't, I remove the battery and set it to noon and it never bothers me again.

Malpaso

Enlightened
There's no reason why the whole world shouldn't go to a universal time standard.

Latest posts