SunRiser skateboard lights

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
SunRiser skateboard headlights

untitled7rs.jpg

"SunRisers project a blinding 50 feet of light at night. They are designed to withstand high levels of impact, provide long battery life, and be unobtrusive. SunRisers are installed between your trucks and deck." $20

It's not stated on their website, but I'm assuming they use LEDs, based on the color of the light emitted. The website certainly could use a bit more pizzazz.

Geologist

Enlightened
"project a blinding 50 feet of light at night" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
actually a light that fits into the risers of a skateboard is a neat idea. why? well, try this..

the next time you're out walking at night, hold your light head high and aimed towards a spot 10 feet infront of you. imagine you're going fairly fast, and try to see the cracks that are coming your way. (generally, any obstacle more than 1/2" tall is enough to make a skater get knocked off the board.)

now hold the light as close as you can to the pavement, while still pointing at the same point. the shadows that are generated at this height are more defined, and *theoretically* should help a skater navigate better.

now as for a blinding 50 foot beam of light from 3 LED's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif i'll believe it after it gets reviewed by the LED museum.

emrbrtn

Enlightened
its ALOT easier just to do it under street lights or to set up portable studio lights(as most pros do when skating at night). its a good idea but not very pratical as when skating your board gets flipped around alot, sure if you were just going straight all of the time but...

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
quite true. i guess i should have stated that i only use my skateboard to get from one place to another.

no tricks for me, my bones just don't bounce back from injury the same way they used to.

emrbrtn

Enlightened
then yes, it would be a great thing for you depending on if it is good or not.