whats do ya fear revisted

raggie33

*the raggedier*
fears change . my old fear a spiders... been overtook by there fear that i may go threw live with no love. think about it if we didnt change some one worls for the beter it was a waste. i worry about this a lot

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
We love you raggie. But I feel for you. If you're meant to, then you will find someone who truly appreciates how great you are. We always see your big heart and good cheer. Sometimes you get down, but you've shown you are strong and just come right on back to encourage us all.

On topic though, my big fear is still the ocean. I don't really know why but I get a sinking feeling in my gut even if I see a shot from a low flying chopper over the ocean on TV! I was seriously freaked in Cast Away when Wilson was going and Hanks got into the water. Heck it makes me shiver even now.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Raggie, usually the fear to fear is worse than the actual thing you are feared of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif I guess what I'm saying is things tend to solve themselves if you allow them to...(I hope that makes sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Afraid of nothing!
angry-mad.gif

Except

Spider
Mosquitoes
Heights
Bees
Germs
Darkness
Dogs
and dust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

Honestly though, I am very afraid of heights.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Male Model Ragzz, afraid he will not change someone's world? Well to that I say, "Haw"! This guy's changed my (and several hundred others', I'm sure) view of the world already! And for the better - just to be absolutely clear.

Take care, lil' buddy!

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bindibadgi said:
On topic though, my big fear is still the ocean. I don't really know why but I get a sinking feeling in my gut even if I see a shot from a low flying chopper over the ocean on TV! I was seriously freaked in Cast Away when Wilson was going and Hanks got into the water. Heck it makes me shiver even now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not afraid of the ocean, but I won't go on a boat in the ocean...which is kind of weird, because I LOVE being out on the water in a boat. (lakes and rivers of course)

I'm also afraid of the song "Highway to Hell", even though it's one of my favorite songs. Every time I listen to it something really bad happens to me. Seriously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not really kinda afraid of the ocean. I don't mind being on boats in the ocean though. The worst part of the ocean for me is big waves. I hate waves.

Other than that, I'm scared of spiders, bees (wasps, hornets, etc. (ticks and mosquitos are annoying but I'm not scared of them)), the idea of a loved one being hurt or dieing, and being put in the spotlight while playing a sport or something (I'm extremely self conscious). Aliens are my worst 'horror movie' fear but I think they are kinda cool.

And of course, being without a flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really like bugs so much as a whole. I was bitten by an unidentified critter as a child that caused a pretty good infection, so I pretty much don't like bugs at all. That's pretty much it, I guess..

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid of fire. When I leave the house, I am often afraid it might burn down, so I go back in and check the kitchen... A freak electrical accident could burn down your house.

B@rt

Flashaholic
I can relate to that... My house burned down after a short in my casettedeck... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thankfully noone was hurt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I ended up with a major nervous breakdown though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Geez Bart, I'm glad that no one was hurt, although that would've sent me into a major spiral also. I hope you're recovered.

Me, I'm afraid of bees and the like; I've never been bitten so I don't know if I'm allergic, and I don't want to find out the hard way! Also mildly afraid of heights but Dramamine has helped me considerably whenever I've had to climb towers.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hey Raggie,

I think you should consider volunteering at a community computing center. You'd get a chance to use your skills, they'd get a really good computer guy, and there's always the chance that you'll wind up tutoring a nice girl and having that blossom into a relationship. You'll never know if you don't try! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm allergic to honeybee stings, but I'm not afraid of them. Being kind of a "closet entomologist", I tend to look for insects rather than specifically trying to avoid them. I've only been stung by a honeybee once; when I was about 12, I inadvertently stepped on one in a gutter in Sacramento, and it stung me. I realised I was at least somewhat allergic to them when my foot swelled up quite significantly.

I'm not afraid of bees, but I'm kinda afraid of death. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Death and bees...who woulda thunk it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I'm not afraid of bees, but I'm kinda afraid of death. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Having experienced a close call like you (and I) have, it changes you once you've come face to face with your own mortality. If anything it's taught me to focus on doing as much as I can while I'm still vertical. It has also made me appreciate every day. Especially bright sunny warm ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Since this is CPF, I'll state the obvious: The DARK. Just for those 1st few minutes before my eyes become dark adapted, though. Oh, and packs of rampaging zombies. But that's it. Nothing else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Nope, absolutely nothing else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

(Anyone else kind of get the impression that I am a coward? I just never realized it until now!!)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Snakes mostly. I don't know enough about them to tell good ones from the rest.

Beyond that I am getting quite scared of 18 wheelers lately. There are two truck stops about 6 miles north of me. I have seen more truckers come out of there and DAMN anyone coming up the highway.

It's getting to where I'm happiest on two lane back roads these days.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
It's getting to where I'm happiest on two lane back roads these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing I'm afraid of. Any narrow road with little shoulder and no fog line. Went off one of them on a foggy night into a tree at 50mph. And I was listening to highway to hell at the time. (see my above post)