Large Bore Air Rifles

cy

Flashaholic
most famous large bore air rifle was used by Lewis & Clarke expedition.

proudly use almost everyday, Beeman/Feinwerkbau 124 air rifle with 2-7x Beeman Blue Ribbon scope.

http://www.beemans.net/

DarkLight

Enlightened
Cool but having to use compressed air is no good.

When they can make it break action then we are talking..

I have an RWS Diana .22 myself....I love it..

MoonRise

Enlightened
Check out this guy : Barnes Pneumatic

Hand made by one guy in his shop. Works of art in metal and wood. Approximately a 3 year backorder waiting list. How about a 58 caliber air rifle shooting a 450 grain slug at 800 fps for 639 fpe?? This ain't no kiddie toy!!!

Oh, he's also a Master Bladesmith and made/makes custom knives.

I have no idea if he likes flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Cy, I've had a FWB 124 since the late 70's. Best group at 10 meters measured 0.10 ctc.

2dim

Enlightened
Lot's of airgun interest in Great Britain, probaby due to oppresive anti-firearm regs...several monthly magazines in print. Modding, legal or not, is always a hot topic...

cy

Flashaholic
bigiron, that's a pretty small group. but FW 124 can do it. lately I've been wanting a Beeman R1 in 22 cal.

Rebus

Enlightened
I have an RWS Model 36 .22 also.
I did not realize it was such
a popular brand.
Not so accurate as the .177
My best groups are .33"

-Rebus

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Sorry for not having a pic in webspace, but my largest is 2 5/8" bore (Budweiser) with a 10 foot barrel, aluminum scuba tank in-line accumulator, and sear-released full bore valve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It will throw a lead-filled tennis ball over a mile! I haven't shot it in several years, and I have it red-lined at 500psi. I use CO2. The cannon is pretty cool, but it is on a crude wooden stand and takes 2 people standing with one foot on it at the sides to keep it from going over backwards from recoil! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

cy

Flashaholic
hey didn't even think of my modest PVC spud gun. until Larry brought up his CANNON.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the pioneers and explorers shot games up to baffalos with air guns, back when gun powder was not reliable enough and could not stand the test of weather in the rugged west. All I know is my .177 is capable of gunning down posom sized animals when shot properly...and that's with a very light 12 grain pellet, so yeah, how about them big-bore air guns eh?

JOshooter

Enlightened
WOW! Must have one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my personal favorite. My parents wouldn't let me purchase an Airsoft Gun; let alone a Red Ryder or similar bb gun so I made my own using a Nerf gun, 2 straws, duct tape and some kleenex tissue. It shoots airsoft, .177 cal BBs, pellets, and any other small object (spitwads or q-tips) you can put in the barrel.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

100_0043.jpg
100_0035.jpg

wquiles

Flashaholic
cy & BIGIRON,

That is one thing I do regret - not getting a nice FW124 when I was younger.

I later got a really nice R1 in .177, and although the R1 is a magnun air rifle (at least by the "old" standards) the FW124 hit reasonable hard and was easy to ****.

I hope you guys will enjoy your 124's and that you will never sell them - pass them on to your hiers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

Latest posts