Is the Inova X-1 or PT Impact II overdriven?

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
Dear CPF Members;

Would you be so kind as to let me know if the Inova X-1 Spotlight LED or the Princeton Tec Impact II flashlight LED is "overdriven"?

Also could you let me know if the Inova X-1 spotlight is able to run on rechargable batteries (I have encountered conflicting information on this so if any of you are certain about this, I would be most grateful for your help.

Thank you sincerely;
FaithinGod

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
X1
Rechargeable: Yes
Lithium: Yes
Overdriven: No
A great light with tight spot. The blue and green are amazingly bright.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
If I had to guess I'd say the X1 is definitely overdriven. Check out Craig's numbers at The LED Museum. They are more than that known overdriver, the Arc AAA. I like my X1 for its form and uniqueness, but its function and size keep me from using it much.

Geoff

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
Thank you greenlight.

I forgot to add that my concern is if the Inova X-1 can function (not just for a few trials) but throughout the life of the flashlight, when used with rechargables, if so, that would be good news.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would imagine so. Nevertheless, it runs a long time on one cheap AA battery. You can try one out in the malls if you can find a discovery store.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
my x1 is ready for a un cut mj led from the shoppe( it has been taken apart - the freezer method)

I noticed that it has a .39 ohm resistor to set the current thru the led - I am going to change this to a .22 ohm resistor.

I took it apart because I could - no real mod idieas - untill now.

so if the mod does not work - oh well.

I think the x1 is overdriven

lithium batterys may be a problem but I think a aa nimh battery would work fine.

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your help Flying Turtle, greenlight and markdi.

Sincerely;
FaithinGod

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FaithinGod said:
Dear CPF Members;

Would you be so kind as to let me know if the Inova X-1 Spotlight LED or the Princeton Tec Impact II flashlight LED is "overdriven"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Impact II is definitely overdriven. 22.5 ohms in series with the LED. Say 100 mA on fresh alkalines, 50 on NiMH and a truly scary 140 on Li AAs.....

Doug Owen

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Doug Owen for this important and helpful information;

Most sincerely;
FaithinGod