E1E 5W ...Cyan?

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is nascar has a post up in Buy/Sell/Trade right now for E2e bodies that you could use to run one! $50 shipped is a good price for an E2e body... go check it out.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlphaTea, I gotta plug my latest mod
grin.gif
Check out

KL1 and KL3 5W mods

but only if you're willing to take the risk of scratching up, or worse, destroying a KL1. You need to be somewhat proficient with a fine tipped soldering iron as well. But the results are worth it IMO. Good luck.

CM

AlphaTea

Enlightened
I was just a lurker till a couple of days ago. Now Im hooked. I have been all thru the forums and remember reading <somewhere> about somebody putting a 5W Luxeon into a SF E1E. I think it was a Cyan. Does a E1E have enough umph to power a 5W? If so I wanna know where I saw it and where best to get the parts so I can give it a shot.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it does exist, you probably have less than 15 minutes of run time with a single 123. It's a long way to go from 3V to over 6V with all the inefficiencies you'll encounter. But hey, I'd say go for it. You can always get the E2 or E2e body and increase your run time. Even at 1x123, the WOW factor may be worth it
grin.gif

Latest posts