• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 270C Metal m@g reflector - cancelled. Thank you.

waion

Newly Enlightened
Since there're still some interest, I'm now starting a new thread to give you guys the updates. (Here's the original thread)

These reflectors are made to withstand temperature of 270C (higher than 500F). They remained 100% intact after being used in my m@g85 continuously for 45 mins with nine freshly charged NiMH). They survived after 5 mins of continuous running in a 100W bulb 12AA NiMH test (thanks to the help of a CPFer for this). The reflectors have been improved so that the flat spots at the cams are nearly eliminated, so as the tightness problem encountered when being put into the m@g head. Here're the pictures of the:

first trial run:
89.jpg

second trial run:
90.jpg

As you can see in the above pics, the coating in both runs are not perfectly smooth (some of the little spots are dust while the others are very small irregularities. Those long lines are not scratches). Althought the reflective surfaces of the 2nd trial are smoother than the 1st (very close to that of the stock reflector), they have very small "prominence". The areas other than the reflective surfaces have obvious irregularities and is lack of continuity. Although these areas are doing nothing with the performance of the reflectors, they cause cusmetic problems.

I have put both of them in my m@g85, the light output to my naked eye is just the same when compared to the stock plastic reflector, despit the presence of those irregularities.

The coating workers told me that the quality of the third trial would be similar to that of the 2nd trial. In a few words, they are ugly but fully functional in the superbulbs mod. And those irregularities, to the naked eye, do not affect the performance of the reflectors.

So here comes a question:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How many of you would get it at a second price of $10 - 12/ pc (the air mail postage is $3 for the 1st pc and $0.5 for every additional pcs, optional $2 for mail registration)? Pls leave your decision here and I will start the third run if there're enough interests. I can get the reflectors in a week after placing the order to the coating factory.

(I don't think I will go to the orange peel options unless I can find another coating factory that can give me good enough coating quality)

Thank you so much for your patience and support.

davidra

Enlightened
Re: 270C Metal m@g reflector - part 2

I just got a bunch of smooth Fivemega's, so not any unless you can get them with OP....

fleshlite

Banned

I would rather have LOP type reflectors but may get a couple.

waion

Newly Enlightened

After consideration (and not enough interest for these second reflectors), I decided not to go for the third trial. I will let you know if I have found a good coating factory.

Thanks so much for the support.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bummer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Man, am I glad I got the one lop from 5-mega when I did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There has got to be a way to make this work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

waion, perhaps a "disco" mirrorball stippled version would be the answer for this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I just had a thought.
How about some kind of mirrored pyrex glass for the reflector instead of aluminum?

Fat

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif for 2nds reflectors etc.