Battlestar Galactica: Season Finale. Who saw it?

• Thread starter Cosmic Superchunk
  • Start date
C

Cosmic Superchunk

Anyone catch the season finale of Battlestar Galactica on the SciFi channel last night? Last night's episode was the finest to date. Even my wife (who's not a big science fiction fan) thought the episode was incredible. Her jaw dropped at the end when she saw Boomer cap the Old Man. That and the whole issue with the Boomer on Caprica. The story was a work of genius! The only bad part is the fact that I now have to wait until July for the second season premiere!

DarkLight

Enlightened
I watched the whole season..
damn cylon agents!...
So why would cylons want to have babies with humans..hmmm

Pajamas

Newly Enlightened
That's what I don't get....

If the Cylons could just destroy the 12 colonies in one swift blow, plant cylon spies on any (maybe even all of the remaining ships) why not just destroy everyone now? Why keep toying with them? My guess is they want the fleet to help them find the 13th colony - Earth (or is it Terra)

And how stupid is Baltar! I mean, he knows #6 is a cylon. He knows the cylons are trying to destroy everyone. He is an idiot.

I hope next season they reveal a few more cylon "human models".

C

Cosmic Superchunk

It appears that the Cylons want to breed with humans in order to get closer to their god. I have a theory behind the Cylons (the human looking ones). My theory is that when the Cylons left the colonies to find their own world, after the armistice between the Colonials and the Cylons, there may have been some twisted human scientist who felt sympathy towards the Cylon cause and left with them only to create Cylon/Human hybrids through cloning. This explains why there are so many copies of human-looking Cylons. If you recall the "Gun on Ice Planet Zero" episode from the original 1970's Galactica, there was Dr. Ravishol, a human scientist who created clones that were put to work for the Cylons. This "human" may just be the god that the Cylons worship and by breeding with humans, they (the Cylons and their offspring) become closer to being like their god. Now, what if this "human" god that the Cylons worship calls himself Iblis (again, remembering the "Count Iblis" character from the original BSG series was a fallen angel). This human "Iblis" could be so deranged that he thinks of himself as being one of the gods of Kobol and declares himslef as the supreme god of the Cylons.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was so excited about this new series but it's just hard for me to stay up to 11:00 to watch it after a long hard week. Now that the series is over for the year the time changes so now it would come on at 10:00 if it were still running. (I'm in Phoenix, our time doesn't change twice a year)

If I invested millions to develop a new series I would run it at time that most people could watch it. A lot of people also go out on Friday nights so I'm not sure what the logic is for the time slot.

DarkLight

Enlightened
Maybe you need to get more sleep during the week.

Kind of ironic though...machines who believe in a god...

hehe..

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Re: Battlestar Galactica: Season Finale. Who saw i

I only watched the first 15 minutes before I had to answer a phone call. I set my VCR to tape the second airing late at night, then went to bed. I think the season and the series as a whole has been very good. Did anybody besides me notice that Richard Hatch (Apollo from the original Galactica series) was cast as Zarich?

DarkLight

Enlightened

I thought that was a given.....didnt everyone notice it?

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
DarkLight said:
So why would cylons want to have babies with humans..hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression the cylons are insecure about not having a soul and are basically trying to procure security in that area. A rather interesting idea.

The other subtext that I find interesting is that in their attempt to eliminate humans, the cylons basically become human.

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Pajamas said:
And how stupid is Baltar! I mean, he knows #6 is a cylon. He knows the cylons are trying to destroy everyone. He is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sociopath.

-john

wquiles

Flashaholic

Baltar and his BS is the ONE thing I absolutely hate with a passion about the new series /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

But yes, this final episode was interesting to watch.

Will

Kilted

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
If I invested millions to develop a new series I would run it at time that most people could watch it. A lot of people also go out on Friday nights so I'm not sure what the logic is for the time slot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever hear of VCR, or tivo, or DVR? -- kilted

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
LOL, Kilted, welcome to CPF and why dontcha stay awhile!

The finale was really quite good, and leaves a lot of little dangling storylines to keep us thinking until July comes around.

That Starbuck, gets to wear the sexy dress, fly like crazy and get into scraps as well, what a job!

daloosh

TRC

Newly Enlightened
The Sci Fi Channel has come up with some very good shows. I didn't catch onto how good 'Stargate' was until about a year ago. Now I'm playing catch-up with the re-runs.

'Stargate Atlantis' has been very, very good, as well.

But Battlestar Galactica has been a real gem. There are some holes in the plot; I ignore them, because the rest of the show has been SO WELL DONE! (Like why didn't Giaus (sp?) turn in the Cylon he ID'd? (Big logic gap here...) Well, so she could shoot Captain Adama, and leave the season with a real cliff hanger. The wounds aren't fatal, by their position, of course. (Why only 2 shots, also....?)

Great show, and some of the best SF I've ever seen on TV. Great cast and character development; good plot and sets; and for TV, top notch special effects.

Can't wait for July....!:D

TRC

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BF Hammer said:
I only watched the first 15 minutes before I had to answer a phone call. I set my VCR to tape the second airing late at night, then went to bed. I think the season and the series as a whole has been very good. Did anybody besides me notice that Richard Hatch (Apollo from the original Galactica series) was cast as Zarich?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw in the promos, or read somewhere, he was being brought back. But I completely forgot about it while watching the show. Who was Zarich in the show, and what did his character do of note? TIA.

loalight

Enlightened

He was the leader of the prison rebellion, and nearly grabbed the vice-presidency in a recent episode.

LOVE the show. Best sci-fi series in ages.