Anyone get a SureFire Nitrolon "Commander" yet?

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened
Anyone get a SureFire Nitrolon \"Commander\" yet?

Seems like a good deal for around $100.

I need something to replace my lame-ish PolyStinger!
smile.gif

Sky Masterson

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anyone get a SureFire Nitrolon \"Commander\" yet?

I ordered the new Commander today from Botach
on sale for $79.00.I'll let you all know my
opinion after i get it.
Sky

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, Sky!

FWIW, I actually had one in my online shopping cart and took it off the last minute; didn't want to be the guinea pig for this one!
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sheesh...

I turn my back for a while and miss all kinds of neat new things. Is there anywhere online I can get a picture and description of this? I'm assuming the "nitrolon" is some sort of a polymer material. Is this light utilizing the standard lithium batteries or a rechargeable power pack? Thanks for any help!

JK

Size15's

Flashaholic

Visit www.SureFire.com
Also www.PK-Engineering.com

The SureFire Forum as a few posts about the Nitrolon.

Currently, I think there is the 8NX (rechargeable) with the G2 (2 DL123A) in the works. I'm not sure, but there maybe a kit to turn the G2 into the RG2 which is rechargeable... Basically like the old series but polymer.

Sky Masterson

Newly Enlightened

Well guys I cancelled my 8NX order with Botach because of their stupid customer service.I have my new M6,Stealthlight and Scorpion to play with so that will have to last me at least till January.
Enjoy the holidays!
Sky

Gunslinger1LA

Newly Enlightened

Looks like mine will be here soon.UPS tracking says its half way. I`ll give you my impression when I get it.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Gunslinger1LA on 12-14-2000 at 02:15 PM</font>

Bucky

Enlightened

I wouldn't hold your breath on that UPS tracking. The UPS tracking for my Commander showed it arriving Dec. 11 and let me tell you its past Dec. 11, actually quite past Dec. 11, and it is still not here. Late today the blind guy with the dartboard and a calendar, I mean the UPS tracking site, changed the arrival to tomorrow Dec. 14.

Somehow my light was lost in CA for about 7 days. A day or two delay I can understand, but what was happening for a week while my package was sitting around? Someone posted on another forum about how bad the UPS tracking is and I now I believe it. For the money I think the USPS 2-3 Day Priority is the way to go for $3.20 or $3.55 or whatever minimal amount it is. UPS won't even look at your package for less than 5 or 6 bucks, and even then 2-3 days is a dream, even in the same region of the country. At least if the storms here in the Midwest delayed the arrival I could understand I guess, but there seems to be no reason at all why my package is not here right now.

Good luck to you though
wink.gif

Bucky

HankS

Newly Enlightened

Finally got my 8NX from Botach. Seems that the rechargers were holding up the shipment. Nice unit. Good spot. Light is a little yellower than my Scorpion, but about twice as bright. Seems like everything you'd expect from Surefire, except in polymer/teflon case!

Hank

Gunslinger1LA

Newly Enlightened

Got my 8NX from Botach last week.This thing ROCKS! Better long range light than my Scorpion (80yds. +) Up close its hard to see a difference. Smooth white beam, tight focus.Best of all, instead of tossing $6.00 worth of batts. You just pop the battery in the smart charger and install the spare. This was a great value at $79.00 but looks like its now $97.00. Still a good deal in my book. Now for an E-1!