Now I'm thinking M6

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I\'m thinking M6

I will probally have to take the leap and get a Surefire M6, I love the M4, but for the price difference the M6 seems to outperform.
Anybody have any words of advice on this monster?

mokona2

Enlightened
Re: Now I\'m thinking M6

You won't regret it.. just order the rechargeable pack if you really want guilt-free lumens.

pyro

Enlightened

yes, Jims M6-R pack rocks!
That way it is even more impresive.
BUT, the M6 is fat, some people prefer the sleeker M4 body.

And get a beamshaper for it!
It really makes a better flashlight.

naromtap

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Pydpiper said:
Anybody have any words of advice on this monster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quality!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is what I needed to hear.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The rechargable is new to me though, I watched a post of an attempt but never realized it went through. Is is reliable, have decent run time? Send me a link please.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I like the M4 too.. it seems to offer alot as well..
O.k. M6

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

So what is the deal with the M6-R? Its rechargeable? I thought it meant regualated! I'm such a tool! Anyone care to explain to me what is so special about the M6-R?

Topper

Flashaholic*

Both I think Recharge and Full bright for the run. I'm having to sit on my hands to not get a second M6 and 2 packs
and I also love the M4's I bought 2.
Topper

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, both rechargeable and regulated. It gives 20 minutes on HOLA and 40 minutes on LOLA.

What's so special? Well, the M6 is a stunning light, but it costs a fortune to run 123s in it -- I think about $23 per hour of runtime. But not any more with the M6-R pack inside. Being able to afford to use the M6 indiscriminately will be pure joy. I've always wanted an M6 but didn't buy one simply because of the battery cost. Now I can carry this little stealthy light (looks like a simple 2D flashlight to the uninitiated) and blast away any time.

Paul

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

$23 an hour? How do you figure that? With the standard lamp assembly and batterystation cr123a's @ $1 each for us CPF'ers, thats 6 bucks an hour.

But at the same time the M4 has pretty much the same output from the standard lamp as the M6 does - 225 and 250. You probably couldn't tell the difference between the two. I just wish the M4 had a regular sized head on it. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna start a new thread on that issue....

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

The MN21 HOLA 500 Lumen Lamp is rated for about 20 minutes on 6 SF123s. An hour's runtime would require 18 cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Edit: 500 Lumens is what SF rates the flashlight, not the lamp.

Larry

cy

Flashaholic

if you are going to purchase an M6, better get in on JS's M6R rechargable pack before it's too late.

there may not be another production run. really looking forward to using M6 with rechargeable for guilt-free lumens.

use my lights with li-ion's way more. at six cr123 a pop, kinda frugal using M-6.

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Just wanted to chime in. I'm one of the field testers for Jim's M6-R pack for the SureFire M6. Let's just say that I don't use my regular batteries for the M6 anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif In fact, I'm trying to figure out how to buy a second pack, hehe.

nobody

Newly Enlightened

Sorry if I missed it, but what would runtime be on JSB recharge unit if using the HOLA?Edit: nevermind, 20 minutes was referenced above

bole64

Newly Enlightened

I need some help with this one, i am going to buy a m6, that is for sure, it is just going to take me some time to make $400, soooo, should i just take the money i have now, and get the recharge pack? Since he may not make any more of these, i kinda feel pushed to make a decision, what do you think?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would love the regulated/rechargeable pack and an M6 of my own but I am finding it difficult to come up with the cash..

I just carry a smaller Mag2HID or Mag85 for the same "OMG WTF WAS THAT" effect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are reasonably certain that you are going to get the M6 (if you're married, I don't think certainty is assured /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) then get the battery pack and charger now while you can.

If you decide not to buy the M6, you can probably sell the battery pack on CPF since it will be relatively rare and I'm sure demand will be there. You might even make money on the deal.

There really is nothing out there right now (manufactured) to compare the M6 to. Other SF lights have competition, but the M6 is in a class by itself.

scudinc

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
I would love the regulated/rechargeable pack and an M6 of my own but I am finding it difficult to come up with the cash..

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt you'll be saying that once you get your USL.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened

Is the m6 still as bad-*** with the Lola?

500 lumens is fine and everything, but 20 min is NOT.

60 min of runtime is a lot better for me.

Does the standard m6 lola actually make it past 1 hour of runtime? Or is that figure exaggerated?

Thanks

SS