anyone got mugg for flashlight?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious whether it is safe to carry a nice light like SF on vacation if there might be a chance of getting mugged for this nice light

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on where you are going. My friends parents got mugged in Jamaica and the bsatards stole $2000 from them. I'd be willing to bet they would have taken a SF too.

Where are ya goin?

greenLED

Flashaholic
I don't think muggers would target you just 'cuz of a flashlight. Once they hit you, they'll take whatever they want. The usual rules of common sense apply if your going to an unknown destination. Like MaxaBaker said, where're you headed? Ultimately, if you don't want to loose your light, don't carry it with you.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sort of doubt the average mugger would know a $250 flashlight from a $25 flashlight, or even realize there was such a thing.

But then, "shiny bauble" does seem to translate well across the board. I think it would be best to not look like a soft target who carries shiny baubles. Understatement of financial worth seems to have a lot of advantages in most situations.

Scott

rwolff

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

I sort of doubt the average mugger would know a $250 flashlight from a $25 flashlight, or even realize there was such a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to carry a good flashlight, but are worried about muggers, get a MiniMaglite and abuse the s**t out of it (i.e. wear off most of the anodizing). Then, load it up with a Luxeon "pill". To a mugger, it'll look like a beat-up piece of crap that's not worth stealing.