Amazing new light-Not sure what catagory to post 2

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
This out of this world gizmo has LASERs and flourescents in it. Not sure where it fits into the scheme of things. It cost $30,000 so its out of my league. Maybe Andreas can afford one... Look here

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
$30,000 so its out of my league. Maybe Andreas can afford one...

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. Funny, but that's not very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. (Or maybe it is. Depends on how Andreas looks at it I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, there was a thread about this light before. I personally am very skeptical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
If that's the same guy, it's probably worth noting that his day job is at a scrap metal facility! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This dude's pretty funny. Yeah, so he runs a scrap metal place... just wait 'till he invents a way to walk on water!

DBrier

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
wait... this is the same Troy Hurtubise who invented the Anti-bear suit
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Awesome, but not encouraging /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Why yes it is. You can see the suit in background of one of the pictures.

Beamshots?

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Also, there was a thread about this light before. I personally am very skeptical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It just so happens that I have an ultra-secret prototype Angel Light Flashlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

To prove it, here is a comparison beamshot!

Here is a Surefire U2 on the highest setting, shining on a white interior wall in my house from a distance of 2 meters:

beamshot4sf.jpg

And here is a beamshot of the Angel Light Flashlight, under the exact same conditions:

angellightbeamshot8oq.jpg

So there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I'll trade you my Angel Light for an original Larrylight CR2... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Amazing new light-Not sure what catagory to po

Yeah the Angel light. I remember this one.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember that very picture as well!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice try HOP! But, I'll certainly try to become more optimistic!!!!!

Ahem, how much did that little angel light prototype cost you??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much money did you spend drilling out that wall? Or how many minutes did it take to just errr do err something with photo shop? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
Dog can't swim can it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Stupid dog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a pessimist.

[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Ahem, how much did that little angel light prototype cost you??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... actually it was free. Sort of. I had to "liberate" it from a high-security compound patrolled by grizzly bears.

Link to "Project Grizzly"

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Eh, it's been done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Dog can't swim can it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Stupid dog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that in a joke in a Reader's Digest magazine. It was something about a very optimistic person trying to convince a very pessimistic friend about how wondeful things are. So the optimist gets a dog that can walk on water and takes the pessimist hunting. When the dog runs across a lake to get the kill the pessimist says, "that dog can't even swim can it".

Very interesting that you said that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Hookd_On_Photons said:
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... actually it was free. Sort of. I had to "liberate" it from a high-security compound patrolled by grizzly bears.

Link to "Project Grizzly"

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif.............../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
I saw that in a joke in a Reader's Digest magazine. It was something about a very optimistic person trying to convince a very pessimistic friend about how wondeful things are. So the optimist gets a dog that can walk on water and takes the pessimist hunting. When the dog runs across a lake to get the kill the pessimist says, "that dog can't even swim can it".

Very interesting that you said that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Around here, I don't know many people under the age of 50 who would admit to reading Reader's Digest, but I'm unashamed to state that I enjoy it. (For the record, I'm 36)

My favorite feature is "It Pays to Increase Your Word Power".

I think it's really... really... really... *good*.