I need some information on....

vhyper007

Enlightened
I have been told that an Aleph3 head kit would be a good addition to an fb2 or an e1e body.

When I read what is included in the Aleph 3 head kit I don't know if there is a bulb or an emitter for the $60 price.

Will someone please answer this for me and elaborate if this is a good combo.

I appreciate your time and effort to help another CPF'r.

Thanks,
vhyper007

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, I don't know where you are seeing the Aleph 3 head for $60, that is close to the price that I can find.

That is for the head/reflector/lens only.
You will need an Aleph Light engine, which consists of the drive circuit/can/LED.

As for use on a FB1/E1E..it will work fine however the Aleph 3 is a large (38mm) bezel.

The Aleph 3 is a throw monster.
Read the Aleph FAQs in the McGizmo forum first, then try posting a similar query in the McGizmo forum.
HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vhyper007

Enlightened
Thanks, Beamhead.
As I said a lot of this is new to me and I thought I had found a good deal on good eqpt. I looked all over for the FAQ but it was late so I might have seen them and overlooked them.
I will take your suggestion and again, thank you for your time and effort.
Sincerely,
vhyper

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a great setup! If you're not comfortable building it yourself, you can have one of our pros make it however you'd want it. Chop made mine, but IIRC he's out of town, so you may want to look for somebody else or wait until he gets back..