Gmail behaviour question

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently (well in the last few months or so...) I've been getting lots of 'Undeliverable' mail bounced back in my Gmail account. All of which the mails/addresses I have never seen before nor sent to anyone. I ignored these until last week a friend of mine told me that I should scan my PC for viruses cos he received an email from my Gmail account with a work-related document attached to it. This I definitely did not send, as I use my Gmail for personal mails, anything work related is sent using my work account.

Scanned my PC using AVG and it hasn't picked up anything yet, just wondering if anyone else here has had similar symphtoms as well?

Empath

Flashaholic
It sounds like a virus or trojan on your computer, or possibly on a computer at your work place, or on a work associates computer. If anyone at your work place has your address in their address book, or even in a piece of email that can be retrieved, and they're infected, it could send an attachment from that computer, with an attachment and you're address in the "from" header.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empath, thanks for your reply... I did a complete scan again on my PC with AVG and true enough there were 2 files infected with "Backdoor.Agent.2H", just hiding there... deleted them right away...

Thanks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Latest posts