Asp TacLite: Anyone know how waterproof?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I've carried my Asp TacLite every day for the last couple of years in an enclosed nylon holster, and I still don't know how waterproof it is, or even if it is waterproof. Anybody know?

Regards,
Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Koga,

Thanks for your reply. It is helpful. I would love to see that finger lanyard you created, but I had trouble finding it. Could you please refer me to it?

I agree that the Taclite is a great little light, and I wonder why other flashaholics haven't discovered it.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Koga,

Thanks. Very creative. The only Velcro I've worked with has powerful sticky adhesive on one side. But I think your velcro has no sticky side but adheres to the Asp through pressure via a knot or self-stick plus friction via that special sheet material. (what is that stuff, what is it called and where do you get it?) I was thinking of just taking a black shoelace and tightly tying it around the Asp, but I'm not sure that's practical.

You're really good at these little creations of yours, and you're enough of an aesthete to want to combine function and form. I appreciate that. I suppose there even might be an "after-market" market for some of these things.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Brightnorm